Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Galaxy_Stranger

3D models

HOW TO MAKE 3D MODELS -- by Epyo
Buy 3dmax for 6000$
Take a 6 month class
Have fun!

There are also freeware modeling programs available. Check out 3dlinks for a good list of modelers. They also have tutorials and stuff.
Be aware though, that modeling is quite difficult. It's not something you can learn by just reading tutorials. You really need to take a class.

There seems to be some existing models around. Cheb has some on newdoom.com but i think they are for Jdoom (not sure what format). You may be able to use them for a base.

Does anyone know if Zdoom allows high-resolutions sprites and scaling?

What about legacy?

If so, I may be able to make super high resolution sprites that are based on models with my new halflife model -> Doom2 sprite maker program.
This will allow people without hardware acceleration to have good non-chunky graphics.

Technically Legacy can handle MD2's right now, but all that's being reworked. You might want to start with GMAX if you're going to start modelling. It's a free but very trimmed down version of 3D Studio Max specifically aimed at people getting into modeliing object for use in video games.

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

Derrick said:

There seems to be some existing models around. Cheb has some on newdoom.com but i think they are for Jdoom (not sure what format). You may be able to use them for a base.

Does anyone know if Zdoom allows high-resolutions sprites and scaling?

What about legacy?

I believe jdoom models are the standard q2 format md2s. zdoom supports hires sprites and scaling, yes. legacy does not.

Only the old models are regular MD2, afaik the one's they use now are very modified with non-standard features. You gotta look for the older model packs.