Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Quake IV concept art and models

Right here: *LINK REMOVED UNTIL/UNLESS LEGALITY OF MATERIAL CAN BE CONFIRMED*

I found it on another site, but there was no confirmation. However, I looked through all the stuff and I'm fairly sure that there's no way this could be faked. Looks pretty damn good. And if you don't have WinRar, then go here.

niguel said:

looks good but only one picture?

Odd, I see 42 concept pictures in my folder. You probably selected one of the files and then clicked extract. If that's what you did, try selecting them all before you extract.

I'm not sure if this is legal eather, but since it's concept art, would it really matter that much? Besides, you have to download them first. I'm not showing them in this thread just to be sure. If someone finds out this is illegal, one of the mods may close this thread.

You should know enough, Disorder, not to post something that you don't know is legal or not. Heh.

BBG said:

You should know enough, Disorder, not to post something that you don't know is legal or not. Heh.

The concept art looked too good to not post those pics :)

I don't see a need to close the thread, until it's proven that these concept arts are illegally acquired, or otherwise requested by Raven/id.

Regarding the pics themselves, I can only say... "Awesome!"
Those are kickass character/monster designs. My favourite is definitely the Network Guardian. Looks like it can fit well amongst DOOM 3's plethora of insect-like creatures. ;)

I didn't like the Grunt though. Looked a little too cartoonish to me. The Makron sketch looks absolutely wonderful. Look at it's tail and read the text above it.

I think the grunt design is badass. But the actual 3D model, as you said, is rather cartoonish.

Now that I've scrutinised the Makron, I think it looks really good too. The encased human at the base of its tail is a nice touch. The only problem is that it seems too powerful to handle.

And wtf is a dark matter gun anyway?

I have no idea about the dark matter gun, but it sounds cool. I actually like these marines more than the ones in Doom 3. Quake IV is gonna be singleplayer, right?

Quake IV is mainly a Single-Player game. Seems to be a retelling of Quake 2, instead of a true sequel... unless the Makron somehow got resurrected. :)

TBH, I also like the Quake 4 marine design better than DOOM 3's. The former has more of the Schwarzenegger 'feel' to it. The monsters here also look more intimidating than those in D3. Overall, they left a great impression on me.

Given the doubts about the legality of this, I've removed the link. If it can be confirmed that it is OK, then the link can be restored.

I hope that seems reasonable to everyone.

Oops... I just spreaded the link to several other forums. Sometimes, it really pays off for staying up late. Heh.

Sorry and all that... but I think it makes sense to err on the side of caution.

No problem. I'll see if I can get it confirmed. It might take a while, might take forever.

Goddamit! I always see these posts to late and the mods have already taken down the link.

uhhh i'm pretty sure there was concept art for Q4 released. people were making wallpapers out of it at planetquake.

DaJuice said:

That was one fu**ing picture.

Just one?

One picture? I only saw one when I used WinACE, but WinRAR revealed that there are a number of pictures.

The picts all seem pretty cool... but they strongly suggest the presense of life forms other than humans that are used by the Scroggs. This is cool, but it almost seems suggestive of a 'closer' form to them, ya know? Like they had non-mechanical bodied to begin with. I guess I'm the only one who feels that way, though. Fortunately, though, it appears that human are still being harvested, one the the cooler aspects of Q2. Good stuff.

No, I was writing in response to mewse, there was only one piece of official concept art released, I'm not talking about the rar thingy (which I don't have:().

I have all the pics and they don't seem like something Raven would release - they give away the designs of half a dozen monsters including the Makron. Absolutely amazing though, it's sparked up my interest in Quake4 for sure. I want screenshots fast.

mewse said:

for fucking real?

DooMBoy said:

Just one?

Just in case you missed it, there are 43 pictures in that rar file. It's weird though. I don't see why all of that important stuff for big titles such as this one get leaked over and over again. Is it so 'easy' to lose 43 pictures to a Quake fanatic?

Very cool stuff! I saw some ofthe pics posted in another forum.

The hovering fat Strogg kinda reminds me to a monster from Duke 3D :D

I agree that the Marine looks a bit too ... well, he doesn´t look like a Q2 marine at all. I hope they will change his look and make him a bit more athletic.

I like the marine concept. He looks like the marines we see today. Young, ready to go, cannon fodder.

Zoorado said:

Quake IV is mainly a Single-Player game. Seems to be a retelling of Quake 2, instead of a true sequel... unless the Makron somehow got resurrected. :)

TBH, I also like the Quake 4 marine design better than DOOM 3's. The former has more of the Schwarzenegger 'feel' to it. The monsters here also look more intimidating than those in D3. Overall, they left a great impression on me.

I think the new Makron looks too different from the Q2 Makron to be the same Warlord. It's more likely that the name "Makron" is a title like "Lord" or "Matriarch/Patriarch" that implies that the Warlord is the Supreme Warlord.

I remember the official word from Raven stating that the story centred around the political aspects after the Q2 Strogg War - this leads me to suspect that somehow, another Strogg Warlord unexpectedly rose to power and became the new Makron.
It makes me a bit worried about the storyline though, because the presence of a new Makron suggests to me that the story for Q4 will be kinda cheesy and cliché - hopefully I'm wrong.

The Q4 marine design is badass, but it's also somewhat different in style to the D3 marine design, while strangely similar too. Dunno if I like it better though - I like the leg armour, but I also like the baggy pants that the Doomguy wears and the Doom 3 marine armour is badass too. And goddammit, the Q4 marine design rekindles my anger over the fact that iD neglected to give the Doom3guy combat gloves, ARGH! Why the fuck did they do that!? Of all design decisions, that had to be the dumbest.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

If I have one beef about the Q4 marine, it's the fact that he carries a knife as it suggests that you'll be carrying the tried-and-true knife as a lame melee weapon in the game. Let's get this straight: You're fighting heavily armoured cyborgs in a distant future where you carry laser guns and whatnot - what good could a puny knife possibly do?
Besides, we've seen combat knives as melee weapons like a hundred times before (not to mention the thousands and THOUSANDS of non-fps games where you can use knives) - I think we need a new, original kind of melee weapon if any.

Unless that knife turns out to just fill in the role of a tool you can use to interact with the environment with or if it's just for looks, it will keep bothering me.

The level designs and the harvesting of humans is particularly interesting and cool.

It will be interesting to see how much detail the characters retain in the game.