Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

Palette wheeeeeeeee

Wheee question list!

1-Whenever you go invincible in doom, everything goes white. How can I make everything stay in the normal colors?

2-How long does invulnerability last?

1) I don't think that's possible. with most ports (sans zdoom and any ogl ones) you can change the colors it fades to and from (the original is black to white, but check out nuts.wad for example, that one is blueish) but you can't really remove it entirely... at least I don't think so, maybe with some hardcore hex editing

2) 30 seconds, the screen starts to flash after 25 I think

you can modify the invulnerability color with inkworks i believe. i dunno how long it lasts.

EDIT: oh, cyb took care of #2 and i misread #1. so wow, i'm not very useful on this one.

Cyb said:

with most ports (sans zdoom and any ogl ones) you can change the colors it fades to and from

you can accomplish that in vanilla as well, with the util i mentioned.

I seem to remember a palette modifying program called INKWORKS which allowed you to change the invul colors.

Ok, so I can't totally get rid of the color change, and I'm guessing I can't change how long it lasts. Poo. Well maybe I'll make my own invulnerability with some good ol ACS then. Thanks guys.

If you're using ZDoom, changing the palette probably wouldn't work anyway, as a lot of those effects have been moved to the executable.

Epyo said:

Ok, so I can't totally get rid of the color change, and I'm guessing I can't change how long it lasts. Poo. Well maybe I'll make my own invulnerability with some good ol ACS then. Thanks guys.

lolz!

script 1 (void)
{
   for(int y = 35 * 15; y > 0; y--) //15 is the seconds
   {
      int x = getactorproperty(0, aprop_health)
      setactorproperty(0, aprop_health, x);
      delay(1);
   }
}
15 seconds of "invulnerability" (you can still get hurt but you won't really notice aside from all the red)!!! omg!!! etc

Ok well what about berserk? Does that always use the same colors as pain(red)?

yeah, and there isn't any way to fake berzerk with scritping :(

unless you temporarily half the health on everything on the map or something...