Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erp

? Single level wads to Megawad ?

I have a lot of single level pwads that I want to make easier to play by putting them together. Most are for level 01 of doom2. Can I put them together as levels 01-32? The available freeware editors I've tried won't do it.

DCK also does it, but it requires you to go to DOS. Anyway, open up a map, then when you save it, you can choose the name of the file you want to save it to and the map number. Repeat this, saving the next map to the same file name as the first, but a different map number (you won't overwrite the first map since it's a different map number). Continue doing this until you have the megawad you want.

yea i did that renamed all the levels to different levels then played them through

I thank DeepSea for their help. This is their answer.

"What you need to do is first rename your levels so each one has a unique name. Either XWE or DeePsea can rename the levels. For DeePsea press F7 and select PWAD Lump Fixing and choose the PWAD to change the level name for. Press Select All, then move the cursor to the level name, click Rename and then Save. Do this for each PWAD.

Then you can use XWE or DeePsea to merge them all together.

In DeePsea, press F7, select Merge-Import, select Open Target file and give it a new name. Now select Add Lump Files and either select the PWADs all at once or do 1 at a time. To do them all at once, press ctrl+left mouse click. If there are any duplicate names it will tell you (XWE does not check for duplicates).

And for the final step press Save All Files.

Yes this works for the shareware version - sbsoftware.com"

Though there are other editors that can do this I think DCK is the easiest for this task...

@ Erp: I'm I correct to assume there will be a new one-man megawad released soon?

I want to take all the single level pwads that I have downloaded and merge them together, make them easier to play.
I just want to enjoy playing the levels, can I get rid of the demos, start screens, interpic, enddoom etc? If I try to merge pwads that have these files with same name there is a problem. Can I delete them before I merge?