Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

It's a Classic

Everybody's favorite Doomer with three spaces in his name, Jan Van der Veken, has just informed me (by this magical invention we call 'e-mail') that he's released Classic 11, which you can go grab at this place. The download link is waay at the bottom, but be sure not to skip over the screenshots. In case you've recently come down with amnesia, the Classic series is one that strives (and succeeds, if I say so myself) to capture the look and feel of the original levels, though more often than not they actually look better. At any rate, I'll shut up now and you can go check it out.

Fredrik said:

Or "courriel" in French! Haha!

hehe yeah I was actually considering making fun of the frenchies or something, but decided against it lest julian stab me with some french bread or something

Quake 2'ish in some way.... I guess it's the blinking red lights placed on those metal pillars. Good idea btw. Excellent flow between the different areas, texture wise, very cool. Not as true to the original episode 2 as I would have expected, but generally a damn cool level as it is!

short but sweet, i like it :) his maps never seem that much like classic doom to me, i think his gameplay differs quite a bit. the themes and designs are pretty similar, but he also details far more :) then again, i've never really played a map i'd consider a dead-on impression of anything in doom 1.

Cyb said:

Everybody's favorite Doomer with three spaces in his name, Jan Van der Veken

Thomas van der Velden also has a lot of fans.

I hope you release all those spare maps you got there sargey. It'd be a shame to let them go to waste.

Sign in to follow this