Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Komet302

Sending Wads to Doomworld

Hopefully someone can enlighten my situation, who exactly am I supposed to contact to have a person review a map of mine for the newstuff list?

This is covered in the FAQ. Go to the /newstuff section. You dont have to contact anyone to have it reviewed. All maps in the /incoming folder get reviewed automatically every sunday (ideally).

Ok, I can't seem to figure out how to upload files, I am not familiar with the programs used to do this. Bare with me I am a simple Mechanic so its all rather baffleing to me. Could someone help me out and upload my Wad? It will probably be the only one I do.

Hello Komet302, I'm The Ultimate DooMer, one of the /newstuff chroniclers on these forums. If you have a wad you want to release, the best place to send it is the DooM archive. The Doomworld FAQ will tell you how to do this, and may also answer any other questions you may have about newstuff. The wad will then be reviewed on Sunday by myself or one of the other reviewers. If you have any questions, my contact details are on the bar at the bottom of this post.

(although I wouldn't try to contact me, as I head off on holiday for two weeks in less than an hour from now....)

Komet302 said:

Hopefully someone can enlighten my situation, who exactly am I supposed to contact to have a person review a map of mine for the newstuff list?

Dont feel bad, I have seen this happen to a lot of new people on here...

The Ultimate DooMer said:

(although I wouldn't try to contact me, as I head off on holiday for two weeks in less than an hour from now....)

Lazy bastard. Get on with Super Sonic Doom.

pritch said:

Lazy bastard. Get on with Super Sonic Doom.

lol.

And I'll have you know that I was working on it while I was down in sunny (not) Cornwall. I've created a full set of NPC's, added more detail to the blueprints and come up with 3 more bonus stages. (one of which is particularly funny)

I'll start working on the maps again when I've added all the new stuff and finished my Plutonia II map.

Lizardcommando said:

You can use FTP Explorer to upload wads. It's easy to use. Unfortunatley, I don't have a link to it...

FTP explorer can be found here:
http://www.ftpx.com/