• My vote is for Bush
    • My vote is for anyone but Bush
    • My vote is for a Democrat
    • Fuck voting
    • I vote Bush and corn dogs
    • I vote Bush and corn-brats
    • I vote for anything but corn-brats
    • Mmm...corn-brats

There's two fun subjects here: Bush and corn dogs. First, judging from all the daily readings of the Chicago Tribune and paying attention to the news, it seems Bush's approval rating is falling. Drastically. (at least by Gallup Poll terms) This will probably hurt his bid for re-election in 2004. Will you vote for him when he likely runs again, should he get past the primaries? Or will you vote for anyone, anyone else that might be running?

Second, I don't know if it's a Wisconsin thing, but maybe bratwurst exist all over the states and then some. Maybe not. But I had a minor revelation the other day, considering the possibilities of enhancing existing corn dogs by replacing everyone's favorite tube steak with a bratwurst. You still get the cancer-inducing fun corn coating and the reusable wooden shafts that are so very fun to amuse yourself with for hours...you just get a bratwurst meat instead of the hotdog.

i will be old enough to vote this election and i wont because it doesnt make a difference.

i'll be old enough too. but i won't. not because it won't make a difference. just because i don't give a fuck.

ya, that too. i dont really care. hell i dont even know what the difference is between a democrat and a republican.

It's a shame I'm not an American in 2004, because I would've loved to vote anyone but Bush.

I'm old enough to vote but I never registered, simply because I don't give a fuck.

I'm not an American (whew!), but if I was (the horror!), there'd be Nader.

Or Arnold Schwarzenegger, damnit!

DooMBoy said:

I'm old enough to vote but I never registered, simply because I don't give a fuck.

People like you are the reason why Dubya is in power.

Well, the democrats and the republicans might have the same failings on the domestic scene, but you need to get rid of Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney before they make USA more enemy than it's economy can handle.

Fredrik said:

People like you are the reason why Dubya is in power.

Um, I said in my original post I never registered to vote, if I never registered to vote, that evidently means I can't vote, and I can't see how or why I'm partially to blame for our dumbass President. It's not like he was voted in legally anyway, and I don't support him.

So why didn't you register to vote?

By being indifferent, you support the ones in the lead. The only way you can make a difference is to oppose actively.

Goat said:
ya, that too. i dont really care. hell i dont even know what the difference is between a democrat and a republican.

simple really:

democrats = make country dirt poor.

republicans = make country fascist state.

...I think.

I figure the way things are going, animals like me have a better chance getting re-elected.

"If there was a woman for president, there would never be a war! Never! Never! They would never make a weapon that kills. No no. They'd make a weapon that made you feel bad for a while, yes." -Robin Williams

ravage said:

"If there was a woman for president, there would never be a war! Never! Never! -Robin Williams

MKMMM Maggie Thatcher did a pretty good job of the war UK v Argentina I seem to remember!

I vote Corn Dogs, and only for that. I hate Bush. The man can nearly be felled by a snack food... how pathetic is that? If only that pretzel had suceeded...

Both options for that election sucked, though =\ in one corner, we have a moron, in the other corner, we have a man in cahoots with Lieberman. He's the same one who wishes to ban all video games to hell, yes?

Goat said:

yeah, there really isn't much of one. that's why i'm libertarian. not that my vote really matters, but bleh. in oregon we vote by mail so i might as well.

Cecillia said:

If it were Wintergreen TicTacs, then, I'd vote for them. Pale green...

those are my second favorite, but i have to say, spearmint pwns j00.

Goat said:

i will be old enough to vote this election and i wont because it doesnt make a difference.

Unless you live in Florida...

Ct_red_pants said:

democrats = make country dirt poor.

It's exactly the opposite. When Bill Clinton left office, the USA had almost no debt at all. Now, after three years of Bush, the national debt is enormous. Bush had to borrow a lot of money to finance his tax cuts and the war in Iraq. I expect the next government will have to implement some very unpopular budget cuts in order to keep the US financially running.

People who can but don't vote have absolutely no right to complain whatsoever on anything remotely connected to their administration. Saying you don't vote because "it won't make a difference" is absolutely bullshit, because there are A LOT of people who think they won't make the difference.

During the previous elections here a total newcomer erected his own political party as a response to his growing discontent with the existing administration... he managed to get a large portion of the voting populace behind him, ESPECIALLY those who previously never voted before. Result: practically overnight his party became the 2nd biggest party and part of the new administration.

It didn't last, but this is just to point out that your vote indeed can count. But only if you're actually voting.

BTW below follows an explanation to american/british readers :)

The Netherlands, like most other democracies, has about a dozen different parties ranging from communist to religious conservatism and everything inbetween. There are no seperate 'camps' (like Republican vs. Democrats) but more of a fine gradient between the two extremes, and every party publishing their programme well in advance. Thus, we are governed by a coalition of parties due to the fact that no single party can obtain a majority. After elections a coalition is forged between parties that have a combined majority of seats AND that can agree on several basic policy points. The leader of the largest partner of that coalition generally gets to be Prime Minister.

Disorder said:

This year there was even talk about the US possibly going bankrupt.

heh, wtf? no, i don't think so. if you mean because our national debt is going up, that's not really a problem. the US just uses that like a credit card limit, and in proportion to GDP, national debt is far less of a problem today than it used to be. and if you mean because of spending for the war, and for tax cuts, that's barely even a factor cost-wise.

Mordeth said:

Saying you don't vote because "it won't make a difference" is absolutely bullshit, because there are A LOT of people who think they won't make the difference.

true, but in the US we vote far more often than european nations, generally several times a year. plus it IS pretty hopeless to vote for libertarian party candidates since probably less than 10% of the population are libertarian. america goes a little too far with the "winner take all" system. in the US, everyone in gov't is a moderate, whereas in Europe you get the full spectrum. although personally i like the idea of voting for a candidate rather than a party, as i'll often vote for someone outside my party i feel better syncs politically with myself.