• My vote is for Bush
    • My vote is for anyone but Bush
    • My vote is for a Democrat
    • Fuck voting
    • I vote Bush and corn dogs
    • I vote Bush and corn-brats
    • I vote for anything but corn-brats
    • Mmm...corn-brats

If Lieberman or Sharpton get the Dem nomination, the country is screwed wither way.

However, if some combination of Clark and Dean won the nomination, we just might pull through.

Liam the Bard said:

you're a supermod you stump, add it.

You add it!

I'm busy playing warcraft 3

Grogglogobofink said:

if you mean because our national debt is going up, that's not really a problem. the US just uses that like a credit card limit, and in proportion to GDP, national debt is far less of a problem today than it used to be. and if you mean because of spending for the war, and for tax cuts, that's barely even a factor cost-wise.

A credit card limit doesn't save people from bankruptcy.

I have to correct myself. At the end of the Clinton administration, the national debt was 5.7 trillion. Nowadays, it's 6.7 trillion. The predicted deficit for 2003 is about $400 billion.
In March, Bush asked the Congress to finance the war in Iraq with $75 billion, so I would say that's definitly a factor cost-wise. Not to mention the huge $330 billion tax cut bill from March.

I apologize for all the numbers in this post, but I just felt the urge to shoot down Grogglogobofink´s false statement.

Arno said:
It's exactly the opposite. When Bill Clinton left office, the USA had almost no debt at all. Now, after three years of Bush, the national debt is enormous. Bush had to borrow a lot of money to finance his tax cuts and the war in Iraq. I expect the next government will have to implement some very unpopular budget cuts in order to keep the US financially running.

I'm just using stereotypical criticisms. (i.e. "you flamin' liberals and your welfare payments! You’ll send the contrary bankrupt in to time!").