Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeremy

"Original" models and levels for Doom3

When Doom3 comes out.. for PC anyway.. I want to see good modelers release more original looking monsters for Doom3, ones that you know, actually resembly the old demons. Well, and besides that, I would really like to see the shareware {episode1} levels remade.

AND, any new information on the BFG? I have not heard much news here about weapons, hmm..

theres practically guaranteed to be fan-made custom levels and models identical to doom 1 when doom 3 comes out. and i have yet to hear any id released info about weapons except from what we have seen in the videos.

Heh ya, There's bound to be people remkaing Doom content for Doom3.

No new word on the BFG, but it will be in there.

Yea im looking forward to redone original content for doom 3 to, I want the 3rd level from knee deep in the dead redone....I think its the 3rd anyway you start out with a bunch of toxic waste in front of you and theres a bull demon charging at you.

I got this from doom3.dk forum
hopefully this guys'team going to make original Doom mod when Doom3 comes out.

=================================================================
DOOM: Savage Heroes
This post has 24 answers.

BustaFear says:
14:31 @ 12-07-2003

Well, its true.

The first true RTS (Real-time Strategy) game based off the ever popular DOOM series will exist soon.

My small software company has almost completed it. The game is planned to be distributed as FREEWARE to all who post here on Doom3.dk! The rest will have to wait until we add the mission editor before they can get a copy.

Game Info:
- 32 Units based on DOOM I & II charectors
- Real-time lighting and shadows
- Full campaign on Mars and Phobos
- Original score of S3M (better than MIDI) of songs/remix of classic DOOM themes.
- Full Mission Creator!
- Online support for 1 on 1 battles allowing spectators.
- Much, much more!

If anyone is interested, screenshots can be posted upon request.

Again, the game will be FREE to all, but everyone here will get a copy first (by request).

Thank-you!

PS - We'll be starting the DOOM REMAKE (using D3 Tech) just as soon as the game is released, if you'd like to help out in this, let me know ASAP!

▀ Go to Hell... Send a Postcard. ▀

More original looking models? From what I've seen, the Models in DooM3 are some of the most original I've seen in years.

all i hope for level wise is that they dont redo some of the quake ones, leave it for quake 4 ;).
actualy if they could port the maps maby quake 4 could have as secret the whole quake 1 8D
if they redid the doom 1 sharware ( ones that everyone has played) maps into doom3 i'll be happy.
ps enny body know if doom 3 is going to come with maping tools or a complete SDK ?

The fact that Doom 3 has a built in level editor was one of the first bits of information that ID released :)

NiGHTMARE said:

The fact that Doom 3 has a built in level editor was one of the first bits of information that ID released :)

k were is it then ?

[n00b]plonker said:
k were is it then ?

It's built into the .exe

[n00b]plonker said:
k so if i edit the .exe i can lauch just the level editor right ?

Uh, no. It's right there in the game, aka the exe.

Doom.exe -exec editor.cfg -editor

For information on how to get the editor fully functional, check out the link in BNA!'s signature.

cloud4me said:

The first true RTS (Real-time Strategy) game based off the ever popular DOOM series will exist soon.

Somehow, I have a feeling a Doom-based RTS will suck, unless they invent a lot of really cool units on the human side and manage the task of balancing the monsters right.

One thing's for sure: A Doom rts would not feel like Doom at all.

dsm said:

One thing's for sure: A Doom rts would not feel like Doom at all.

Nope cuz it'll be a rts :(

Tyockell said:

Nope cuz it'll be a rts :(

Heh yeah, plus the "All-alone-against-Hell" feel will be lost completely. But I supposed that was implied in your comment.

By original they mean the original monsters from the original Doom, not original as in unique or imaginative.

DA MAN said:

Ehy, I made a mancubusmodel some time ago, it's not optimized for use in gameing but I will surely make a better mancubusmodel when the "premake-project" of D3 starts.

Hey, not so bad! The skin could be improved though.

It is unlikely to happen !

Do you remember Generations mod for Quake 2 ?

It was a mod that allowed to play one of characters listed below:

DooM marine
quake guy
quake 2 guy (obviously)

...with unique weapons like super shotgun, plasma gun, nailgun, lighting gun...

Mod was already playable, when development stopped.

REason: ID Software request.

Flametrooper said:

REason: ID Software request.

These are copyright issues.
You simply cannot take any copyrighted material and glue it together the way want it.
You can always extend the storyline of a game with user made maps, but if you do a modification you have to have own ideas.

BTW, this isn't an idsoftware[bad] only thing, there are more popular examples:
- the remade of the original DukeNukem3D maps for Quake3 got stopped by 3DRealms
- a nice mod for Quake 2 or 3 based on the Aliens series got stopped by Fox interactive, hence the catchphrase "this mod got FOX'ed"

Just try to understand that these companies live solely on their intellectual property - both, technically and storywise.
If you take this ip and create something on top if it in form of a total conversion or if you translate it into another gaming engine you potentially hurt the developers.

Don't forget Reborn, an attempt to make a Doom-inspired single player game with the Quake 3 engine, which I was doing levels for. It also got canned by id, which in retrospect is probably for the best.

Strange how the Q3 Generations mod did get away with it.

And everyone is just copying those shitty "matrix" slomo moves like hell..hate that..if it just brings in those $$$$$$$$$$$$'s today it's ok ..money makes the world go round

Sorry guys i had to spit it out,
originality is hard to find these days ...