Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevingpo

Query: MD2 support?

kevingpo said:

Does ZDoomGL support MD2 model pack? Like the one going around for DoomGL, Doom3D, etc.

Not yet.

ZDoomGL 0.66.2 supported the md2 models, but then I had to rewrite pretty much the entire renderer when I took over the project to support slopes (etc) so they got dropped since the code wouldn't have worked anyway. Don't worry, though, they'll be back.

By the time theyre back, there should be one or two new models available as well

Timmie, I can help convert the deds to whatever format you cook up, If you need that help. Its a big task thats all...and I'm pretty familiar with ded

Yeah, I get you now. My first ZDoomGL was the current latest 0.7. I never played version 0.662. My god it does look impressive. Ok. Everything is right. It is buggy and crashes in 3 mins everytime.

Hopefully those colored lighting, coronas, flares, mirrors, will be back!

Free look is already in there, and has been for as long as time itself. Check out the mouse options pane.

chilvence said:

Free look is already in there, and has been for as long as time itself. Check out the mouse options pane.

I think he meant free look chasecam (or something) where you can move the camera...

Oh yeah, mirrors are in there though; you just have to have a zdoom specific map that uses them (cant think of any offhand)

I hope youre not serious about those lens flares... lens flares must be burned! And then stabbed with a blunt butter knife. At the same time!

chilvence said:

Oh yeah, mirrors are in there though; you just have to have a zdoom specific map that uses them (cant think of any offhand)

I hope youre not serious about those lens flares... lens flares must be burned! And then stabbed with a blunt butter knife. At the same time!

Ok. Lenses flare can go. But at least make the fireballs (green, red, blue, whatever) and those round power pickups have some neon lighting effects. Light in films (Back To the Future 2, Blade Runner game, Tron, etc.)

Yeah, coronas are okay. I guess I just feel a little too strongly about lens flares. But then, they do pollute every single thing they appear on...