Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoorado

DOOM 3 @ QuakeCon?

Posted here: doomworld.com (top news)

Do you believe it? I can't, especially when none other source on the Net has even mentioned about it...

But if it's true, then I'm all hyped up for it. Go for it; go for id!

Heh, great news that they're putting more effort into the multiplayer. It's welcome.

And could it be the explanation as to why the game's (possibly) getting delayed?

Disorder said:

Where does it say that they'll put more work into multiplayer?

According to what we've heard so far, multiplayer features would've been minimal or none in the initial release of the game, possibly to be added later with an expansion. But now they have an entire team (although 2nd part) working on the multiplayer mode.

Yes, but it says nothing else then Splash making levels for Doom 3 multiplayer. But it could mean that they will increase the amount of players per map.

Yeah, Splash Damage, the guys of RTCW : ET, are the guys working on the MP portion of Doom 3, or at least the maps.

Disorder said:

Yes, but it says nothing else then Splash making levels for Doom 3 multiplayer.

Before this, we didn't knew if ANYONE was making levels for Doom 3 multiplayer. This is clearly "more effort".

True. It seems like they're putting more effort in multiplayer since a lot of gamers critized ID for not paying much attention to it. It might even be better to fight with a maximum of 4 players after all, although I can understand why people don't like the idea of it. It sounds boring, but it might be really scary.

Interesting. I'd rather have a simultaneous online release as well, though I'm sure those crazy leather-clad Leak Thiefs will come up with something.

Haha... if an MP build gets leaked onto the net... heh.

Although I'm guessing security would be Uber-tight.

Fredrik said:

Before this, we didn't knew if ANYONE was making levels for Doom 3 multiplayer. This is clearly "more effort".

I think this definitely explains what they have been doing with their time. They were making a big mistake trying to release it without multiplayer in todays environment. I bet the conversation went something like, Carmacks playing doom with is id buddies, mulitplayer and goes "no way are we releasing this *without* multiplayer". Anyway how can i get tickets to quakecon?

This is good news. I hope we get some more pictures and maybe even a movie.

zrt9 said:

This is good news. I hope we get some more pictures and maybe even a movie.

Very doubtful.

If this is, indeed, the SOLE reason the game is delayed, if it really is delayed (I know these are alot of "if"s), I will seriously fuck someone up.

The_Aeromaster said:

If this is, indeed, the SOLE reason the game is delayed, if it really is delayed (I know these are alot of "if"s), I will seriously fuck someone up.

yeah i can live without multiplayer. its not like the mp-fiends are short on shit to play anyways, every other game released is focused solely on multiplayer.

Zoorado said:

Posted here: doomworld.com (top news)

Do you believe it? I can't, especially when none other source on the Net has even mentioned about it...

Well screw you too, like I'm going to make up a fake press release just to fool the 8 people that read DW :P