Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have made my first attempt at making Doom Levels and I have put them on the Web. Please download them and tell what you think or if there are any problems that I can fix. I am new to making Wad's so don't make fun of them. I welcome suggestions. They are for Doom 1/Ultimate Doom Episode 1. The series is not complete. To download my Wads go here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/doom/index.html

Well, PSer, I downloaded MTH_Entryway.zip, and well....

That was short. It's not entirely too bad for a newbie wad, but there are some things that you could have done better. For instance, make the level bigger. Since it's Ep1, use Ep1 textures. Replace the wooden stuff with say, startan3 or startan2 or whatever. I would advise against the use of the plasma rifle on the first level, and also there's too much ammo for it. Enemies and stuff were kinda meh. Lost souls shouldn't be in a E1 level, IMO. Other than that, it wasn't too bad for a n00b wad. It's certainly a lot better than the muck and filth I made when I was first starting wad designing. I'd give it 5.5 out of 10.

I added screenshots, they aren't the best. The level is kind of short, but its my first attempt at making Wads and they aren't to complex yet. I didn't put it as Episode 1 because it fits in with the textures, I put it there just to have it at the beginning of the Game. Thanks for the feedback, When I make more levels I'll try to make them better.

DoomBoy - try the second and third levels, they are a little harder.

I've seen a lot worse first wads than these. The texturing wasn't bad considering it was your first wad, from the look of the screenshots anyway. I'll download em l8r and tell you what i think.

not too bad for newbie wads. don't be discouraged by newer wads either, everyone started off making stuff like this (or worse, in my case) at some point :) and uh, i don't see doomboy's point really. just because a map is E1MX doesn't mean it has to be E1 style.

Exactly, doomboy is obviously retarded. It's like saying if you make a map01 for doom2 you can't have anything stronger than an imp! Get your head in the game doomboy

Upload 'em to the archives. I'm sure The Ultimate DooMer will come along and tell you how. :)

Political type maps are not very popular around here. The reactions to your thread and its final destination is a perfect example of this.

PumpkinSmasher said:

I added screenshots, they aren't the best. The level is kind of short, but its my first attempt at making Wads and they aren't to complex yet. I didn't put it as Episode 1 because it fits in with the textures, I put it there just to have it at the beginning of the Game. Thanks for the feedback, When I make more levels I'll try to make them better.

DoomBoy - try the second and third levels, they are a little harder.

Bah i had a wad design called stairway to hell..but it was only on paper so it's not like I had dibs, oh well..maybe I can come up with anudder name.