Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you guys ever heard of hotel levels? Well, I think Hotel Levels are levels with arcade, bed rooms, and rooms where people can like hang out. I am working on my hotel level called ORB Hotel. Anyone got any ideas for it?

I've got ideas. How about a small bar or a restaurant in it. Oh and an indoor or outdoor swimming pool. Hmm... that's all I can think of.

/me looks at the list.

Add 1FIFFY3.ZIP to that. Not a particularly inspiring level, but Andy could get an idea or two from it.
Cleimos2? Don't remember a hotel in there. Perhaps in one of the last few maps, didn't get to the end ...

The link is to an archive search for occurrences of the word "hotel" anywhere in a wad's textfile. Not all of those found will be wads that have hotel levels.

I took a quick look at some of those that claimed (upon closer inspection of the textfile) to have/be hotel-themed maps. I didn't find anything outstanding, though many of them did have recognizable "hotel" features.

BTW, map05 of TVR! is a kind of leisure complex.

Add Pool rooms, add a pool outside, Add raquet ball courts, add Bowling alleys. Add a small theater.

Hell Hotel is very good, inspirational wise! I'm using a lot of specs from it in Biohazard.

Doomed Once More: No Quarter wasn't a hotel, but it did have living quarters/recreactional facilities. Definately worth checking out. I hope the author did more in that series. I think it's probably pretty close to Tom Hall's idea of Doom . . .

Level 31 or 32 of Eternal doom is a hotel, a complex hard to finish one too heh

Or there is a hotel level in maximum doom, dont remember its name thiough it was quite good for its age (the texturing was quite random though, firey walls, grey rock 'beds' ect)

The Eternal one is actually a mansion. Same sort of style though. Very good level, too.

Or there is a hotel level in maximum doom, dont remember its name thiough it was quite good for its age (the texturing was quite random though, firey walls, grey rock 'beds' ect)

I think that was Hell Hotel, actually. Was it for Doom 1?

Yes, Hell Hotel is a rather cool E3M2 wad. (although I didn't like the skin textures at the beginning)

I've done many leisure complexes, living areas etc. in my first two wads (for DooM 2) but never a full hotel wad. Although map 16 of Fragport has a small seedy hotel in it.