Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevingpo

[HELP] compiling errors...

See below. I get this huge compilation error list. Though I imported the MSC++ dsp file into Dev-C++.

This is the parameters used in Dev-C++, if this is correct. Though I don't have an Assembler nor other 3rd party files other than the ZDoomGL latest source:

-D__GNUWIN32__ -W -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DUSEASM
-D__GNUWIN32__ -W -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DUSEASM
-lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomctl32 -lstrmiids -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lwinmm -lwsock32 -lfmodvc -ldinput8 -ldsound -ldxguid -lopengl32 -lglu32 -Map "../../zdoomgl.map".map

Also, does ZDoomGL require DirectX SDK?

============================================================

Building Makefile: "C:\ZDoomGLSRC\src\Makefile.win"
Executing make clean
<snip>
b_bot.cpp:17: warning: missing initializer for member `TypeInfo::HashNext'
<snip>
c_dispatch.cpp:152: warning: missing initializer for member `TypeInfo::HashNext
<snip>
decorations.cpp:188: warning: missing initializer for member `
FActorInfo::DefaultList'decorations.cpp: In function `void ParseInsideDecoration(FActorInfo*, AActor*,
<snip>
win32/win32iface.h:36:19: ddraw.h: No such file or directory
<snip>
gl/gl_struct.h:167:25: warning: no newline at end of file
win32/hardware.cpp: In function `void cvarfunc_vid_renderer(FIntCVar&)':
win32/hardware.cpp:317: warning: cannot pass objects of non-POD type `class
FIntCVar' through `...'win32/hardware.cpp:328:2: warning: no newline at end of filemake.exe: *** [win32/hardware.o] Error 1Execution terminated

Hmm, you'll need to get a few things:

- DirectX SDK
- OpenIL (openil.sourceforge.net)
- FMOD SDK (fmod.org)
- NASM assembler (nasm.sourceforge.net)

I'm not sure if it will compile outside of VC++, though, since it also requires the latest platform SDK for VC++.

Timmie wrote:

- DirectX SDK
- OpenIL (openil.sourceforge.net)
- FMOD SDK (fmod.org)
- NASM assembler (nasm.sourceforge.net)

Kevin write:

Can I use a -DNOASM compiler parameter to not use assembly?

This requirements list is a big change from ZDoom's. Did you switch from OpenPTC to OpenIL, and from MIDAS to FMOD - as original ZDoom used those.

ZDoom hasn't used OpenPTC and MIDAS since v1.22. There's been quite a few updates since then.

OpenIL is just being used for the hires textures and screenshots (for saving to png format). FMOD is being used instead of the MIDAS sound system and has been since the first few ZDoom 1.23 betas...

WTF? Then why was it a requirement in the ZDoom readme.txt. Well ok. It was in the version before version 2.x.x came out.

And why no compiling docs for version 2.x.x. On the website it says docs were not included, but are basically the same as the docs in 1.22. So I read that doc and it says I needed OpenPTC and MIDAS. Now I find out I need OpenIL and FMOD.

Anyway, that's cool then.

I want to try making hi-res and FMOD for original source. Any tips on going about that? I tried creating a 640x480 video mode screen. But when I load up, I see two Doom screens scretched 1/5 top-down the window. Do I need to spread out the pixels or something?