Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Just curious...

Well, I never did like the school or its corrupt school system :P But then again, as I've said before, I'll just be me and not worry about why I'm me, because its the way I am and I have no intentions on changing it ^_^

Since going to uni I've met scores of people of all weird and wonderful kinds of sexuality. In a truly relaxed an mature environment, such as the one we're fortunate enough to have, you come to realise that sexuality matters very little. It is, after all, merely another fact about that person. With maturity and experience comes acceptance, because you no longer fear or see any danger in a person's sexuality, which is often a big reason I think gay kids are picked on at school.

Also within this environment we all, including gay friends, use the words gay and fag all the time. No one has an issue with it, because it's just another meaning of the word now. It all stems from being secure in your sexuality. They're so laid back, why indeed should they care about how a poxy word is used? Heh, having said that we do all rip the piss all the time anyway, maybe it's a British thing.

I agree with a bit of what Lüt said. I can certainly recognise and appreciate an attractive man, I think nature's instinct is always to preserve the perceived strongest of the species anyway. I don't feel desire though, I only feel drawn, that pull, towards women.

I wish I were gay. All my gay friends seem to have a much happier time than I do. And considering how many gay guys hit on me, I'd be getting alot more ass. :-(

I thank everyone for not coming in here with pikes and torches.. I've seen that happen with discussions like this.. Anyways, Im not gay, Im bisexual.. I've been this way.. for about a year now. I don't know what happened.. I just saw myself having feelings for people of my gender, like really close friends and such.. I just made a choice and stuck to it. :-) None of my friends really have a problem with it, in fact, many of the girls that know I'm bi think its "hot".. don't ask me why. Im puzzled by it too.

Kuberr said:

It has been scientifically proven that you are indeed born gay. I was taught this in Biology last year. It has to do with a lack of X or Y (I forget which), chromosomes in the male DNA.

That "scientific proof" sounds like pure bullshit (like others have already pointed out).

Anyway, I have no problem with gay people. I admittedly use the word "gay" as an insult every now and then, but as you hopefully realize, it's with no real intent of derogating gay people.

Hopefully your presence on this forum will make all of us a little more open minded, and help us resist from using words such as "gay" inappropriately.

Oh, and what Lüt said.

Probably won't stop the word use of it all together, and honestly I'm so use to my friends doing it that I do it. Of course then my friend Lance always starts trying to bust up laughing when I do. Heh, he told me that he almost feels forbidden to use the word around me now, lmao.

Correct me if Im wrong.. and I probably am, but gay really isn't offensive if its used certain ways.. "Dude, that idea is gay".. and the such.. It's the word fag that gets to me.. it really hurts whenever someone calls me a fag.. or anyone of gay or bisexual nature.. its almost like calling a black person the "n" word.. Of course, a lot of people have been brought up to beleive that being gay or bisexual is wrong, and therefore, its okay to use that word.. I haven't told one of my best friends that I'm bi yet, because I'd never see her again.. its the way her parents raised her. This is why I take pity on kids like this.. because they don't get those Ideas in they're heads themselves.. Its my belief that its a learned behavior. Nothing more.. I mean, how do you think some kids beleive in hitler's "teachings"? its because they've learned it from they're parents, or they're peers, who in turn have learned it from they're parents or peers. Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I believe in.

i wish homosexuality and bisexuality would be accepted in the world. but thats like saying i wish all races would be accepted or all religions would be accepted. it just aint gonna happen anytime soon, or probably anytime EVER.

heh down here in georgia where all the closed-minded rednecks live, youd better not be caught being gay or youll never hear the end of it. im glad im not, and i feel bad for those who are down here.

I don't think it can be too much of a learned thing. I think it can have more to do with the person instead of their parents. I make a perfect example. Everyone in my family shuns gay people and people of different races. My mother even told me if I dated a black girl she'd disown me. I on the other hand, am one of Chris's close friends. I was the first to find he was gay. He is not my only homosexual friend. Also, I find women of other races attractive. Oh well, guess I don't have a mother anymore. Not like I ever really had one to begin with. So, this being said, it doesn't truly matter what you are raised to believe, it is what you believe yourself.

JMO

P.S. This goes with my religion topic, too. My family is highly religious and I highly doubt religion.

I'm not sure if its more accepted, but rather that gay guys are just getting the attitude that if people don't like it, they can kiss thier asses. I don't think male homosexuality is that much more accepted, but lesbians are, heh.

Scott Thompson was just on Conan O'Brien and fuck, he has got to be the funniest bastard on the planet on these kinds of shows. I haven't laughed that hard in months.

I think that in about 100 years no one will care if you're gay. Well i know a small group of people will. I mean...look at niggers around 100 years ago. Most people hated them. Now it's just a small group. People grew to accept them, as they will with queers. Either that or they'll all go create their own private island to live in gay paradise.

one of my best friends finally told me he was gay a year or two after we left high school, hes still my good friend but things are so different now, it's irritating, i think i've made progress emotionally.. however i think i still have traces of homophobia in me.

Wasn't there an episode about gays on Futurama a few weeks ago?

Kuberr said:

I can't deny myself of what I am.

That's a good thing. Don't deny yourself in order for other's acceptance.

The Heretics Son said:

almost like calling a black person the "n" word..

almost? It's exactly like it.

Kuberr said:

I'm not sure if its more accepted, but rather that gay guys are just getting the attitude that if people don't like it, they can kiss thier asses. I don't think male homosexuality is that much more accepted, but lesbians are, heh.

I know. If the only form of homosexuality was lesbian, no one would say anything.

The Heretics Son said:

None of my friends really have a problem with it, in fact, many of the girls that know I'm bi think its "hot".. don't ask me why. Im puzzled by it too.

Think about watching girl-on-girl. It's the same thing. I wasn't aware of this until a kid in my class to be funny started rubbing my back in mock-sexuality, and a girl in my class said we didn't know how much that turned her on. ;-)

I'm straight, but I really don't care what anyone is.

Assmaster said:

I wish I were gay. All my gay friends seem to have a much happier time than I do. And considering how many gay guys hit on me, I'd be getting alot more ass. :-(

Heh, no shit eh? A lot of people tell me that girls check me out a lot. I never notice. I only notice the guys. Arg.

I have a lot of friends that are gay. I find other guys attractive (Jonny Depp, Brad Pitt) but more in the I wish I were more attractive way, although a number of people seem to think I look like Jonny Depp and Kurt Cobain, I don't see it. Use of the terms "gay" and such can bother me, but as I learned in my Post Helled-thread, I now consider the source and take the issue with a grain of salt. Kuberr, do you think its wrong for a straight person to feel annoyed/offended when those words are used? If you want to read my thread, its in Post Hell and titled "Fag". Perhaps you can shed some insight on how it went astray. Pritch never got back to me on my it was deleted.

Lüt said:

Stuff.

Rrrrrrriiiiiiiggghht.... That still doesn't explain why I have a sexual attraction towards Rouge the Bat. O_o

Footman said:

Rrrrrrriiiiiiiggghht.... That still doesn't explain why I have a sexual attraction towards Rouge the Bat. O_o

If you ask me, that's because you have a weak mind and that online friend of yours Dev or whatever brain washed you into liking her as much as you do and since you don't have anything better to do, you went along with it, heh.