Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

NOOOOOOOOO!

well, there goes another one of my favorite shows. I just hope Simpsons don't go next.

"clever things make people feel stupid, and unexpected things make them feel scared"

Heh, I watch it almost every night it comes on, on Adult Swim, on Cartoon Network anyway.

Uh, this isn't exactly new news, though it's now official.

And farscape sucked. Sci-fi was lucky to have picked up Stargate instead, damn lucky.

God I wish they would cancel The Simpsons. It's sucked huge amounts of ass for years now. I am a huge huge fan of the show but if they canceled it now I honestly would not be upset at all.

Finding out that The Simpsons is going to be cancelled is like finding out that Michael Jackson is retiring from music.

Hey, I was a big fan of the simpsons too. I grew up with it. But it's total garbage now.

Goat said:

why do stations always cancel good shows and leave the shitty ones.

*COUGH COUGH* BEVIS AND BUTTHEAD *COUGH COUGH*

i wish they kept that show on too. they were soo cool.

I've never been as heartbroken as I am now since farscape was cancelled.. the best show on SciFi IMO

Well. Perhaps it's for the best that Futurama ends now. It was heading in the same direction as "The Simpsons". Most all of season 4 and 5 were fairly poor with exceptions of some masterpieces. "The sting", "The farnsworth experiment", "300 big boys" comes to mind. Even though the bad episodes weren't as awful as the Simpsons', they were bad enough to tell where the show was heading. I'm not too upset Futurama is stopping.... I'm just happy I got a short, but genious look into their lives.

They can't be serious. Futurama? This sucks!

Goat said:

It's true!! All the old shows are good and all the new ones are crap! Most of them anyway.

Scuba Steve said:

They're still airing new episodes? I thought Fox canned it already.

heh, yeah, i thought it died a year or two ago. i did like that show though.

Grogglogobofink said:

heh, yeah, i thought it died a year or two ago. i did like that show though.

Yes. They cancelled it a year ago, but at that time they had already done some season 5 episodes, so they did the rest and stop after season 5. (only 3 episodes left)

Shaviro said:

Yes. They cancelled it a year ago, but at that time they had already done some season 5 episodes, so they did the rest and stop after season 5. (only 3 episodes left)

ah, cool. i hate it when they cancel shows and just keep like 15 episodes they already paid for unaired.

God I hate it when they take out a good show, they probubly wanted to take futurama off the air so they can put another one of there reality tv show in!

Goat said:

Not always. There are plenty of good shows that reach their full intended lifespan (usually seven years): TNG, DS9, Buffy, X-Files (although it should have finished a season earlier), and so on.

Equally, there are plenty of steaming piles of crap that never make it: Red Dwarf US, that Babylon 5 spin-off (Crusade I think it was called), Ally McBeal, Baywatch Nights, etc. Andromeda, which in my opinion is the worst sci-fi show ever made, looks set to be cancelled in the near future too, so hoorah! :)

It was insane what Fox did to the show "Firefly". The show was pretty "meh" but it was like they were absolutely determined to kill it no matter how much it took or how much it cost. First, they shoot literally the most expensive pilot episode in the history of television, then they didn't show it. That's right, they started off with episode 2. Everyone I know who was looking forward to Joss Whedons new baby was thinking "WTF? are they on glue? What the hell did we miss?" The series made zero sense without the pilot. So then they proceed to move the show from timeslot to timeslot so it was nearly impossible just to keep track of when it was on. Finally they move it to the worst timeslot available and then decide "the show isn't doing very well, lets pull it." So what do they show as the very last show of the series? The pilot. What a bunch of fuckin' maroons. The shear incompetency of these people boggles my mind, but it goes to show just why modern entertainment is in the condition it's in. I want more than anything to be a professional tv/movie writer, but it seems like like it'd be creative suicide.

Rellik said:

I want more than anything to be a professional tv/movie writer, but it seems like like it'd be creative suicide.

Move to Britain, as we at least show TV shows in the proper order (although a couple of shows have accidentally been shown out of order in the past ;) ). Firefly was actually shown in the correct order (including the pilot and episodes never shown in America) on the UK Sci-Fi channel (no relation of the US Sci-Fi channel).

Oh, unless you want to write for a sci-fi show. Most British TV channels hate... no, utterly despise sci-fi for some reason (except the aforemention Sci-Fi channel, obviously ;) ). Especially the BBC.

Linguica said:

God I wish they would cancel The Simpsons. It's sucked huge amounts of ass for years now. I am a huge huge fan of the show but if they canceled it now I honestly would not be upset at all.

It has declined, the old ones are much better.

Deviant Force said:

God I hate it when they take out a good show, they probubly wanted to take futurama off the air so they can put another one of there reality tv show in!

Reality shows are a fad! Thwe burnout is at hand my son, watch and wait.

PLease don't double post, if you want to add more to your response click the edit button and add more to it. Double posting will get ya in trouble. :)

Those bastard network executives. They just ruin all my fun. Futurama's not being aired by "Adult Swim" anymore. Just that shitty Home movies. :P Well at least I still have Family Guy. :)

Hey TiVo, Suggest This!