Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deviant Force

Whats your Favorite Doom Monster?

There's lots of other monsters out there that were made by other people. Not many people knows about them, but there still good monsters. I like the bald zombie soldier that was in Enjay Zdoom 2001.

And about that blue key... I'm at camp so I can't do anything about that.

w M w said:

Nothing quite sexually arouses me like the groan of a wounded mancabus. "ooooohraaaaaah"

Ahem...

"I'm your mom."

I like the bald zombie soldier that was in Enjay Zdoom 2001.

Yeah . . . I don't know if you know this, but there was a bald zombie soldier in Doom, also.

I like the SS guys the most. And in a distant, distant second, the heart on a pedestal patch.

Grazza said:

The revenant, because it wears pants.

Der, no, they're menstruating. >: /

I always liked the Baron corpses in E2M8. Forboding and cool-looking. Definitely a lot better than the normal box-like corpse that they look like when they die. The perfect prelude to the Cyberdemon.

Invulnerability Spheres!!!

They're pretty freaky looking at first, with their strange animation and green color. Then, their main attack is to latch on to you when you get close and blind you with a white discoloration of the screen. To top that off, now matter how much you shoot, you can't kill them! However, the strange "temporary invulnerability" side effect can be quite useful. Hmm.. Maybe that's why they're called invulnerability spheres...

Grimm said:

Yeah . . . I don't know if you know this, but there was a bald zombie soldier in Doom, also.

No, but this one was different. Here's what Enjay did. He took the Shotgun Soilder's head and put it on the Trooper's body. The only new feature about him this time is that he uses the SS Nazi gun. I think Enjay decided to change that monster to take that damn SS Nazi out of the game, but still use its rapid fire weak shotgun.

Yes, I think Doomers everywhere thank the SS Nazi for its plentiful frames.

too bad you couldn't have moving linedefs in doom.. I would create a large robot looking structure, and have it move around slightly. I would have an imp behind each eye of the robot, that would be a cool monster.

NOBODY here said the Bull Demon?! That is my fave monster of all time, and I even wanted to make fan fics in Zelda (do not ask how they are connected to each other) of a Baby Bull Demon, just cuz I liekd thier looks in Doom 64 so much! Truth is I've been lokoing for the Doom 64 instruction booklet for some time, and have almost bought a new copy of the game jsut to get the box and book with it, instead of the lame cart I have lyign around boxed up while I go to MCTI. Seriously, I'd want to get the book just so I can scan in the Bull Demon and show some artists what he looks like so I can get some freakin fan art drawn of him! Yk'now, I've had several great artists offer to draw me something, and they do not know what a Bull Demon looks like, so I can't really get that drawn. I guess I'll have to settle for baby Saria and Goku chowing down with Chi-chi just looking by in disgust for his table manners...............
...........Er, how'd I get to talking about Dragonball Z?!

DoomRater said:

NOBODY here said the Bull Demon?!

that probably would have been my number 2. nothing compares to the baron of hell for me though, it's the only doom monster that looks intelligent.

Grimm said:

Yes, I think Doomers everywhere thank the SS Nazi for its plentiful frames.

Goddamn right. Apart from EDGE users of course.

Hard to pick really, Doom's got one of my all-time favourite monster lineups.

Probably the cyberdemon, with the revenant slightly behind.
//edit: Argh, I double posted, for the first fucking time as well.

/me bangs head on wall

How many times have we had threads just like this!? why Why WHY WHY?!

But in any case I have a top 5 list:

1. Bulldog Demon
2. Cyberdemon
3. Archvile
4. Nightmare Imp
5. Icon of Sin (oh yeah baby!)

Crushing ceilings/floors. ^_^ Can't seem to walk three feet without having the ceiling land on me of the floor decide to smear me against the ceiling. And don't even get me STARTED with crushing walls. :)

nothing compares to the baron of hell for me though, it's the only doom monster that looks intelligent.

I always thought the Cyberdemon, the Archvile, and the Icon of Sin (if you consider that a monster) looked pretty intelligent as well. (The Baron of Hell, the Archvile, and the Icon of Sin are the only monsters that got their on marble plaques, after all.) I always thought was implied that the Spider Mastermind was intelligent, but it never really seemed that way to me. Oh yeah, I always thought the Former Human Commando seemed pretty intelligent, too.

I think we can all agree that the Lost Soul is the most retarded monster. No other enemy will get in a a fight with its own kind for no reason, and then stop fighting in the middle of the brawl to attack you. The AI on that thing must have been lowered.