Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, basically the sound is very weak from my speakers. Everything is plugged in, and I've checked every single mixer/equilizer/volume control on the whole damn system, a million fucking times, and still it won't work. I've tried WinAmp, Windows Media Player, Creative Player, and Musicmatch Jukebox, but nothing works. Help please? Thanks!

if you record a sound with the microphone jack, does that playback correctly on another system?
if you listen directly from your sound card/cdrom, does it sound fine?
most sound cards come with diagnostic test programs, try that.
if you bought the thing, it is probably under warranty... ask your pc vendor or get tech support from your sound card manufacturer.

I've had that problem before. When I play something in RealPlayer and turn down the volume, the volume of everything else goes down as well.

Have you made sure you haven't accidentally plugged the speakers into the headphone socket rather than the speaker socket on your soundcard? (yeah they have technical names, but I'm too tired to remember them ;) ) I've done that once or twice in the past...

I've had that happen too. Your system volume and Winamp volume are two different things, so make sure both are at max.

And since I'm posting already ... does anyone have an idea as to why my speakers echo after playing Enter the Matrix, even after I've restarted my PC?

Yossarian said:

And since I'm posting already ... does anyone have an idea as to why my speakers echo after playing Enter the Matrix, even after I've restarted my PC?

it's probably because that game seemingly never got past beta stage.

insertwackynamehere said:

Well, basically the sound is very weak from my speakers. Everything is plugged in, and I've checked every single mixer/equilizer/volume control on the whole damn system, a million fucking times, and still it won't work. I've tried WinAmp, Windows Media Player, Creative Player, and Musicmatch Jukebox, but nothing works. Help please? Thanks!

When I play something in RealPlayer and turn down the volume, the volume of everything else goes down as well.

Your system volume and Winamp volume are two different things, so make sure both are at max.

Well, seeing as that you checked EVERYTHING (I can only take what you say to be true) it sounds like your speakers blew. This does happen. Some signs of a speaker blowout include weak sound, hissing background noise, rattling treble and so forth. Maybe it's time for new speakers...

Of course, you may be a moron and haven't really checked everything like you say, in which case check again.