Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

How to get Started

I'm looking to get started in level editing for Doom II and I just want to know if any of you guys have a suggestion for a starter program for a newbie such as myself.

There's not really any such thing as a "starter program" when it comes to level design, as people tend to stick with the first editor they use that they like.

However, some editors have more extensive tutorials than others. DeePSea has some great tutorials, although unfortunately you have to register, unless you're happy to be stuck with various limits.

Nightmares right, changing editors is tough. I'd have to say deepsea, it has an easy tutorial that takes about 1 minute, but you have some limits to your maps with the unregistered version. Such as a size limit, if your beginning though your maps most likely wont reach the limit until you get better and put more detail in your maps.

Yossarian said:

I'm looking to get started in level editing for Doom II ....

You can visit DooM Nexus for tutorials aimed at beginners.

Deepsea is definately the best editor out there, but the limit is quite annoying. If you van put up with that, then it's a winner. Oh well, it seems that in this life that none of the best things are free... except maybe the little food samples they give away in supermarkets. :D

Why the heck are my smilies not working???

Xaser said:

Why the heck are my smilies not working???

Smilies are disabled because they're not wanted here. That, along with images in signatures and gigantic avatars are some of the things you won't find here. Thank god. =)