Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Mancubus.Net Logo Contest - With Prizes!

heh, how about a nice happy forum place where we can do whatever. Make the background say words like OMG, Pants, J00 fail it lolz, etc.

image was removed because a certain someone had a fucking cow about it.

Silverwyvern said:

I'd enter... but I don't really need a new mouse or keyboard...

Yeah, I'm quite happy with my oldskool keytronic keyboard and logitech dual optical too. But I guess if I'd happen to win I could donate the prize to someone who could really use a new mouse/kb.

Awesome, I could do with a new mouse and keyboard. I'll give it a try :)

The logo can be any size. It can always be shrunk later. I will work with whoever wins to get an appropriate filesize. In the meantime, an average size will do.

What does average mean? Whatever that means to you.

Would it make a difference if I changed the prize? Or perhaps offered an alternative?

Would it make a difference if I changed the prize? Or perhaps offered an alternative?

*cough*hosting*cough*

You're allready getting hosting if you win.

You'll also of course get an account on MancuNet... wheee.

It offers hosting, email, ssh, blogs ...

EDIT: $66 dvd player: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=82-101-003-04.JPG/82-101-003-05.JPG/82-101-003-01.JPG Looks nice as you see, but ofcourse it's a 66 dollar dvd player, might break on you after 3 months of use. Other than that I really don't know what you could offer, ram?

Yay I'm glad people are posting and seeing this and stuff.

I've gotten quite a few interesting submissions so far, and it's only been 24 hours! I can't wait to see what comes in the next 13 days.

I've decided for now that the current prize still stands unless I figure out something better. If you don't need the prize (who couldn't use a set of 1337 wireless peripherals? :P) then you COULD sell it I guess.

BlackFish said:

is it possible to do site redirection?

can I host my forums there? im really starting to dislike spaceports.

I'm sorry, but I will not do site redirection. I will however host domain names, so if you have something like omgadomain.com, I can provide hosting to that.

Um, just wanted to say that the entires are still coming in, and I'd like to get YOURS if I haven't already. It's been about a week now, and I must say the number of responses has been somewhat greater than expected.

OK Peoples, it's the last day of the contest, so get your entries in! I will stop accepting entries at 7:00 pm Central Daylight Time Tuesday, August 12th.

Remember, send them to mike@mancubus.net

Read the first post for more information

Alright people, you've been waiting and waiting, and now is the time. The 3 finalists are listed below. Their entries are not shown however, and will be revealed this saturday. I have posted those that did not make it, along with their entries.

I'd like to thank everyone for their entries. I'm pleased to see that I got much more than something like 3 mock entries. I got 0 mock entries, and effort was put into them by all, and it shows. I would like to at this point apologize to Silverwyvern, as I have misplaced her entry, and do not have it at this time. I will edit this post with hers once I find it. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow. And cyb, I will not be posting all of your entries, just 2. I have decided to count them as 2 separate entries, which REALLY brings the total up to 15.

And NOW... the other 12 (11) that entered the contest.

OMG CLICK THIS LINK KTHX

And your 3 Finalists, in no particular order...

Well, there you have it. A big congratulations is in order to these three, who's logos had that little extra something that made them stand out.

And once again thanks to all that submitted entries, it makes me feel like I can run a contest and get more effort and less junky mock logos. Hoozah!

EDIT: PLEASE post in this thread when you're here kthx

<lame>Omg, a Mancubus about to post 5 times in a row?! HAVE NO FEAR THE MEEPMAN IS HERE!!</lame>

Seriously, I was going to post but you were in IRC so I saw no need. Anyway, thanks again for making me one of the finalists. =]

Mancubus II said:
EDIT: PLEASE post in this thread when you're here kthx [/B]

Yes, looks like my dw account is back working.

I was thinking that people could post things like comments about the entries, perhaps get a word from the contestants, that sort of thing. If you don't want to post, you don't have to.

Mancubus II said:

I was thinking that people could post things like comments about the entries, perhaps get a word from the contestants, that sort of thing.

You can't expect chickens to fly.

nxn said:

You can't expect chickens to fly.

According to "Chicken Run" (go to your local video store), they can. :-)

Mancubus II said:

I was thinking that people could post things like comments about the entries, perhaps get a word from the contestants, that sort of thing. If you don't want to post, you don't have to.

oh ok. on that note espi's other entries looked really good. i'd like to see what his last looked like. and the other two too.

Espi #4 seriously reminds me of the old metallica logo (load age), the font, the style, everything. I must say I think out of the ones that didn't make it into the finals Espi #4 is my favorite. That's closely followed by zarcyb's entry which had a lot of possibilities in my opinion and the pimp blue oval wasn't the best of them. I think darknation's won the most surprising award. Still didn't see Cyb's submissions or Silver's, both of which are probably really good.