Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Rebirth and Re-Invasion

Woohoo, a surprise megawad! (to me anyway).

I love when this happens.

boris said:

One of the worst use of background image in HTML ever.

Sorry you didn't like it. Next time I'll put naked women swinging their wet panties around

I'll honestly have to admit that I agree with Boris that the webpage design isn't exactly optimal, but oh well...

Oh, by the way, kudos to the WAD author as the map set seems interesting... nonetheless, I'd say that said author would be better off distributing it with the modified sprites only, as source mods don't need all the IWAD sprites to run, and a small batch plus DEUSF is all you need to make it run with doom2. I mean, it isn't normally considered proper to distribute the WAD with unnecessary unmodified id-copyrighted graphics.

Yes, a "legalized" version would be a good idea. Those who use Doom2.exe will know the deal with deusf, and port users won't need to bother with it anyway.

It also seems to include some music from the doom2 iwad, even on maps where it is unchanged and plays on its normal map. This seems odd, and rather pointless. I noticed this because I loaded a music wad before rebirth.wad in the command line, and the familiar old D_RUNNIN was still the music on map01.

I've played the first ten maps - fun but a bit too easy (that's not really a bad thing though - it just means that -fast and NM should be more playable). Map06 certainly got the nerves jangling a bit though.

Brad_tilf said:

Sorry you didn't like it. Next time I'll put naked women swinging their wet panties around

Heh, non-tiling background images always suck, there don't even help naked women.

Hey, that looks nice. /me downloads. Yeesh, I can't believe it, stupid illegal resources, this download would go faster if not for them. Unfortunately, I'm an impatient person, and so waiting for a legalized version just isn't an option.

Brad_tilf said:

Works for me :)

BlackFish said:
just like eternal doom! :P

Are you kidding? Eternal Doom isn't distributed with the "fill-in" sprites, only the modified ones, and you don't have to patch it (add these sprites) if you use a source mod to play it. You need to patch it only if you use Doom2 or a rather primitive source mod (like WinDoom, or whatever.)

Very nice megawad. Is the best, one person megawad that I never seen before.
The only think that I don't understand, is why the author didn't add a new boss, if he has the skills to make some really good textures and that that cool modified Baron (I'm bored of the classic Icon of Sin as the final boss). Anyway, it's a really good megawad, I love the title and intermision pics (too bad that the Bossback remains untached and there aren't any modified text with dehacked). I like it anyway.