Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

Imperial Star Cruiser

Well now, anyone that has some knowledge 'bout Dark Forces and both of Jedi Knight games, can tell me... is there any level in one of those games that looks like it was Imperial Star Cruiser?

The point is I'm makin that kind of the map now with ZDoom, I have a clear view from the Bridge down there on the ship's hull. I'm a bit dissapointed with results, but... I don't know.

Where I could put that map on the net anyways?

And BTW, after extracting some dark forces files it occured for me that none of the softwares I have is capable of opening DF graphic files taht have *.BM extension. What the hell is that format? I tought it was a short for BitMap... but nothing happened. Does anyone know how to open and edit this file?

In JK there was a level that was supposed to be a Star cruiser, but they didn't let you see much of the ship. I can't remember what level it was anyway, I haven't played it for a while. And I have no Ideas about DF editing.

I know I have downloaded some maps for JK that took place in a star cruiser, but I forget what they were. There are a ton of Textures in JK2 that would work out perfect for this, and if you need more ideas on the lay out, pick up some Starwars hard back books from walden or some place that have maps and what not, watch the movie, check on-line resources, check around in the forums, I've got links for some of this stuff on my site.

ellmo said:

....is there any level in one of those games that looks like it was Imperial Star Cruiser?

Slightly off-topic here, but one of the levels in Dawn: A Prelude is entirely aboard an Imperial battle cruiser. It's much smaller than a Star Cruiser, but I didn't have the patience to make a massive map that would be required for a Star Cruiser.

Where I could put that map on the net anyways?

3dArchives.

Does anyone know how to open and edit this file?

As I mentioned in my other post, use BMPDF to convert DF graphics into bitmap format.