Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

pwad fan music

TESTIKILL, the greatest band ever to fucking exist, has recently written two doom-related songs. one is an emo-grind-drum'n'bass track about chris61.wad called 'chris polan', and one is called 'ball of hell' and is about, of course, the ball of hell.

you can get them here: mp3.com/testikill

if you want the lyrics, i'll post them.

I nearly posted "Ball of Hell" in the darkest song you've ever heard thread. That's how goddamned HEAVY it is. For those who listened to us before and thought "wank" maybe you should listen again. At least for the fact that the songs are about doom.

Heh, was "Ball of Hell" named after maps 16, 17, 18 and 31 of 1337.wad? It would have to be pretty dark to recapture the horror of that/those map(s).

Cool. There must be several more in 1337.wad that would make good song titles too. "The Blasphemous Abomination of the Pentagram" is kind of catchy.

Grazza said:

Cool. There must be several more in 1337.wad that would make good song titles too. "The Blasphemous Abomination of the Pentagram" is kind of catchy.

we've done that too. but it's way too obscene to be on the previews page, and except for the name, has no relation to doom. it's a melancholy celtic hip-hop song with us rapping a terribly disgusting sex story in heavy death-metal voices. i think it must be a pretty unique song.

BlackFish said:

you can do a song for superrpg. rm2k3 actually supports mp3s. (no lyrics)

awesome. we'll get to work on it.

auxois, dajuice, what exactly didn't you like about the song(s)? not that i'm trying to change your opinions or whatever, as taste is taste, but if you want to toss it out, dingus and i surely wouldn't mind any constructive criticism you could offer.

Fair enough. To me, the louder someone screams on a record the less scary/threatening, and the more annoying/retarded they sound☺
But don't mind me, I listen to rap.

Well...honestly? Look, I'm sure you guys are talented musicians and all but honestly, when I heard those MP3s, I thought it was some kind of joke. There is nothing redeeming about those songs. Sorry guys.

dajuice: not liking screaming is probably the most understandable reason i've ever heard for not liking our music.

auxois: the lyrics and general theme is intended to be humurous (it's about doom wads, after all), but we take the music itself seriously. what kind of music do you listen to, though?

Lüt said:

Whoa, I get a tribute song already? Sweet :D

yep. do you like it? we really tried to capture the feeling of existential dread that those amazing, landmark maps inspire. same with 'blasphemous abomination'. in fact, even more so with that one.

Before I forget, where the HELL is Hate: Chapter 3???
In fact where have all the fan fics gone? Didn't there used to be a lot more?

pregnant with worms:
yep. do you like it?

Heh, well it certainly suits the map(s). I would nitpick the production: your input levels are way too high, most tracks could use some compression, especially the vocals. Aside from the mix, the music reminds me of Slayer for some reason.

pregnant with worms:
same with 'blasphemous abomination'. in fact, even more so with that one.

Nice. Too bad you couldn't post that on mp3.com >:|

DaJuice said:

In fact where have all the fan fics gone? Didn't there used to be a lot more?

Your "Default Thread View:" is set to use the forum default. Change it to "Show all threads" under your profile options.

Lüt said:

Heh, well it certainly suits the map(s). I would nitpick the production: your input levels are way too high, most tracks could use some compression, especially the vocals. Aside from the mix, the music reminds me of Slayer for some reason.

this is undoubtably true, sadly. i'm still trying to figure out the whole production side of things. i've considered buying a book on the subject, but there are several, and i don't have a clue which one(s) is/are worth the purchase.

DaJuice said:

Before I forget, where the HELL is Hate: Chapter 3???

it's progressing, slowly. it's a complex task to put together an episodic novella about fucked up shit with a plot that doesn't reveal itself for a long long time. i'm glad you enjoy it all enough to ask, though.

What kind of music do I listen to? Unlike most people who say this, I really do have a diverse musical taste, but my preference is extremely variable. Still, it more usually tends towards harder and faster music, especially music that is rhythm-focused. My favorite genres would probably have to be darkstep and good ol' d'n'b, but I also adore gabber and speedcore, and noisecore - really, anything electronic will do. I also listen to most hip-hop (excluding mainstream GHETTO NIGGAZ BITCHES BLING BLING WORD MONEY YO), most rock, most alternative, most folk, some country, a little pop, a little jazz, and a little punk. I especially like styles that blend genres, or defy genrefication.

pregnant with worms said:

it's progressing, slowly. it's a complex task to put together an episodic novella about fucked up shit with a plot that doesn't reveal itself for a long long time. i'm glad you enjoy it all enough to ask, though.

Ok, I'll be looking out for it.
Lüt, I mean that people don't seem to post any fan fics anymore, which sucks cuz there were some really good ones.

Not to hijack your thread guys, but, DaJuice, if you liked my fic 'denial', then there will be an update on these boards pretty quick. I'm sure everyone else is just taking a hiatus.