Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

all your very first WADS

I know this may get annoying, I'm putting another Thread while the last one is still there, but this will get interesting (I hope), I hope this could be nice if we... show the world and confront our first wads ever made (or the oldes onest done by you, kept on Hard Drives)

Maybe you're keeping them because of... sentiment, I dunno, but I still have all the maps I've ever finished and that's why I'm putting them on my homepage.

Go check 'em out, and link me all your old maps and wads if you have.

My first (publicly released) level can be had here. I'm afraid it sucks compared to my later maps, but I don't think it was half bad for my first released map :)

heh, I started making a megawad as my first wad. I have it but no webspace. It was called doomcity.wad. Hey for my first wad it was actually sort of fun to play

It doesn't really count, but there's this. I didn't make the map though (the base was a DM map by Job); I just made a few small modifications to the map and added monsters and stuff to give it a single-player mode.

Other than that, well, I once made a hexagonal room with a spider mastermind and a BFG. :)

Ralphis said:

heh, I started making a megawad as my first wad. I have it but no webspace. It was called doomcity.wad. Hey for my first wad it was actually sort of fun to play

Why don't you just use the "space" on bbg.ath.cx?

EDIT: This isn't from my first "made from scratch" wad, but bah... if you're interested in the date of the wad it came from (it's a rather stupid modification for E1M1), it's 12th March 1995, and my dad helped me with most of the graphic modification.

But I can't find Doomx.wad.
Edit: I found a copy with an impossible exit in it.

Damn capital letters. :P

This was made some time in mid '95 or something. (Back when map editing was still a fresh frontier :P )

Oh yeah... we know, all the maps suck.

Btw someone was talkin' about a Hotel map, you can go to my homepage and suck down my very first wads file. The third map out there is a hotel-type, if I remember well.

My first complete and released level was Map26: The abandoned mines 2 for Freedoom. This level is quite nice, imo, but lacks extra ammo, 4-8more shells would have helped alot.

Download it here
and read sargebaldy's review of it here

My first map is lost forever. The oldest that still exist are in JH.wad which can be found on my webpage. (I have 1 that's older than those in JH.wad, but I'm not releasing it. It's that bad).

I had a lot of maps when I first started out editing. But the very first level ever is Map31 in my first Dsv megawad. The second level I made is map23 in the same megawad.

I totally lost my 3rd and 4th levels though. One of them was a large marble texture arena with 100 or so cyberdemons :P

the other one had 200 romero heads...

Ralphis said:

Did you complete the megawad?

alexz721 said:

Did you complete the megawad?

No he didn't. I have it sitting on my HD (well, dc-xtra.wad) and it only has around eight or so maps.

Tried editing for various games, but it always took me too long. Only thing I have left is a couple rooms of a heretic level I never finished, everything else is long gone. It also sucks.

My first level didn't work, and my second level never got finished. My first working WAD was Computer Lab. I'd put it up but I don't wanna pollute the webspace.

My very first Doom map was meant to be a deathmatch map. It was a level with water as the sky texture and sky as the floor texture. four rooms to move around in, and each one was closed off so you couldn't get to the other (it was meant to be a sniper wad). Soem safe zones and most of the weapons except the BFG9000. I havne't uploaded it anywhere yet- I'm actually still working on it, but it's a small one- I don't think it had more than 9 sectors.

The chainsaw wad came after that- and I still think it would be fun to play. a one sector all one sided linedef map with only chainsaws and a confusing layout. It's easy to get lost in there. I wanna get that uploaded too.

I made a really fun level IMO (my first pretty much), that is a small arena of irregularly placed symmetry of stairish-tunnel structures with 16 pain elementals which took me about 50 tries to finally defeat with the smallish ammount of ammo. If anyone wants to try I'll email it since I doubt geocities will accept .wad files...

E-mail! E-mail!

DoomRater@hotmail.com

And then I'll send you what's done on the UFC.wad befoer I upload the final here!

Oh, if there's ever a problem with a file, jsut ZIP it! Geocities doesn't care abotu Zips.

Uh-oh.... no player 1 start means that ZDoom cannot play it. Can you add one in the center and go from there?

I lost my 2 first map in a massive hd crash... at a time where cd burners were damn too expensive. I also lost 3 years of music that very same day. :/
Anyway, this nearly completly ended my mapping endeavors. Too bad, from what I remember those maps were quite detailed.

Anyways here's my first DOOM wad. It happens to be a whole episode of DOOM (Episode 1). Enjoy it if you can. But anyways,

Click Here to download my very first wad. You can comment on it if you wish to.

My first wad was a test skin which was simply a blob (since i wanted to get my first skin done asap). My first proper skin was a podgod version without sounds.

I don't have any released wads yet, but when I release one, I will post it here.