Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Amusing multiplayer moments

I just thought of this after reading a post by Ralphis about deceit and a BFG, and it brought back some funny memories. For instance, one time, I was playing Quake DM with a couple of other guys on the school network, and I was really smacking them down, and so they teamed up on me. Well, I was still beating them, but I wanted some sweet revenge for this evil turn of events, and so I changed my uniform color to be the same as one of the guys. We ran into each other in a big room, but he didn't have any good guns. Just then, his friend came in, and he was like, "Kill him!" Well, it was just then that they discovered what I had done, and his friend sat there for a few seconds, trying to decide which one of us he should unload his rocket launcher into. As it turns out, he completely splattered the other guy, and I just sat there and laughed evilly before killing him.

Another time, same two guys, different game. We were playing whatever that Star Trek flight simulator game is, and though I had never seen it before, I was kicking their butts on it, as well. They didn't take kindly to this. Sneaking up behind me, one of them grabbed me while the other one turned my ship around and put my ship on maximum speed, shooting me out into deep space. By the time they allowed me to take control of my ship again, it took like 10 minutes just to get back to the battlefield.

Anyone else have any great stories of multiplayer antics?

I was at a deathmatch with the members of a rock band called Tantrum, their singer is a beautiful girl called Nikki (oe Nicky or something).

Where I was sitting I had a good view of Nikki, and for the whole evening I got my ass kicked severely because I was too busy lusting after her, worse than that, when I knew what colour she was I couldnt bring myself to kill her, I was actually wishing doom had a 'grope' command.
Normally Im really hard to beat in Doom but that night I dont think I won a single match.

A few years ago we were playing Half-Life at school when the principal walked in. We all immediately hit the power button on the monitors except for one guy who didn't notice and kept on playing. He usually sucked so he was real happy when he killed all of us. He didn't realize we had stopped playing.

mystic said:

Normally Im really hard to beat in Doom but that night I dont think I won a single match.

That's not what I heard.

Uh, not really anything special, other than one time, in CS, my entire team (CT) on cs_seige suicided by slashing eachother four times with a knife then jumping into the canyon. rofl.

Jumping no-scope headshot with the AWP sniper rifle in Counter-Strike on Fy_Iceworld.

That and when I got a double headshot the other night with the AK.

I have to say, the funniest time during m/p was when me and a guy named whitedragon played some deathmath on doom connector.. you know that place you go to in e1m3 I think it is to get to the secret place? well, I was standing right across from there, and this whitedragonguy jumped on my head. I mouselooked up, he mouselooked down, and we both fired a rocket, I die instantly, I see him die and then see his corspe fly over to the other side of the entrance. the bridge wasn't down, which made it that much funnier.

As far as doom goes, nothing really... except when it was obvious that I had drank too much to play doom. Those were horrible matches.

I don't know, my weirdest was when I was a noob at counterstrike.(earlier this year. And I stayed a noob, I haven't played it for a long time)

I sucked, but when I was on shrooms, I managed to be the last one left to protect the hostages. It was a bad attempt at a rescue, if I must say. It was strange that I did so good.

On non-FPS games, I tend to not be so serious, like diablo 1/2 and such. I usually am there to provide some sort of comical relief.