Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pika132

How many people play online?

I've heard DooM is even more fun in multiplayer mode.

Thinks me, "Is that so? Well, that's funny, because my ASS can find more folks willing to DM it than I can."

So my VERY FIRST POST is wasted on a stupid N00B's question that'll probably end up in *THE BAD PLACE* just b/c I'm lonely :( and want people to share the joy of blasting heavy weapon dudes in half with a double-barreled shotgun. *sniff* WAH!

*regains composure* Anyway, if there's a topic along these lines already, direct me to it please. If not, I'm looking for weaklings who I can frag as often as they can frag me. I mean it! kthxb

Get any/all of these, run one , say zdaemon and you will see how many are deathmatching, same with the other progs, doomconnector, ide , skulltag etc. Make your choice and get deathmatching.

I recommend installing them all, tehn you'll have the widest variety of games available.

Yay. How useful.

'Course now the problem is that, when all is said and done, I really suck at DooM.

Everyone sucks when they first start. Just practice, use some bots, grab some maps off my discharge site. In time, you too could be a D00MG0D.

Rellik said:

Everyone sucks when they first start.

Jeez mate, I still suck after all these years.

Meh, first time doom death matching I was either first or second place on pretty much every game I played. Just takes a hell of a lot of practicing before hand I guess. I'm 17 and I've been playing doom since i was 7 or 8. So get busy and you can be fragging everyone you choose.

Which brings me to my next point, why the hell does noone play on zdaemon/csdoom anymore? I can never find anyone else online. If there's a new program that everyone uses to find online doom games, please let me know, I'm hankering to give someone a double barrel shotty blast to the face.

Jello i think ive seen a guide to DM dooming somewhere around here. Since u never fail to mention how good u r in ur posts, i cant wait to see u on L@Ps to show us ur undoubtebly awsome skills. ;)

Jello said:

Meh, first time doom death matching I was either first or second place on pretty much every game I played. Just takes a hell of a lot of practicing before hand I guess. I'm 17 and I've been playing doom since i was 7 or 8. So get busy and you can be fragging everyone you choose.

Which brings me to my next point, why the hell does noone play on zdaemon/csdoom anymore? I can never find anyone else online. If there's a new program that everyone uses to find online doom games, please let me know, I'm hankering to give someone a double barrel shotty blast to the face.

Make sure you are up to date with versions of Zdaemon / csdoom, don't forget Doom Connector has people playing there, SkullTag and Khan, info in earlier thread.

Hey, ever rush a rocket guy with a pistol? Anyone? I did. Course I did cut down a co-op player with a circle strafin pistol attack... and I was usign a keybaord then... So um... I do not know where my skill stands. Though I adapt to an engine quickly and I've played LOTS of shooters, Goldeneye, Pd, Turok, Quake 2, Timesplitters 2, UT for Dreamcast, Leveled ZDoom bots, played the DMW bots... But i've only played against other people twice. Oh well, i'll have to grab someone and get over my nervousness.

BTW, from your guy's exp, does anyone mind canned taunts? I bound canned taunts to my keybaord and at hte press of a button comes off a "You suck!" and "Anyone else want some?!"... or shoudl I do that with teams only? Like "I've got your back." and "Hey! Same team!" and "I'm in position."....

Occasional use then... I'll stay away from personal ones though. I have a list of the ones from Unreal Tourney and I'll pick out from those.

So...

Dudeyougottatrythistuffit'slikethewholeworldismovinginslowmotion.