What Weapon Should be Changed?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What Weapon Should be Changed?

• Get rid of that shotgun
    • No, get rid of that super-spreading SSG
    • The chaingun is lame
    • The rocket launcher should be removed
    • Leave the weapons alone damnit

Shotgun seems so useless with it's SSG counterpart. The rocket launcher also seems sort of retarded since people will be moving so quickly they'll outrun rockets

Ditch the pistol, make it a slowish ROF SMG and increase the chaingun's ROF

Nah we need the pistol to start off with. Although I imagine we could move the chaingun to slot 2. In either case we need a starting gun.

Ichor said:

Maybe replace the pistol with a Quake 2 blaster type gun.

i actually had the same idea, but nami didn't like it. i'm not sure if i do either, really.

I hate the Quake 2 blaster. Come to think of it, I hate Quake.

Get rid of the Super Shotgun and move the Chaingun to slot 2. And change the Chaingun graphics!

HOW DARE SOMEBODY INSULT THE SHOTGUN! I USE THAT SHOTGUN THROUGHOUT AT LEAST 95% OF THE DOOM WADS I PLAYED. The shotgun is the best... besides the BFG, but I don't have that kind of ammunition. As for the Super Shotgun. I only use it if I want to save rockets because I have noticed that one blasted of the SSG is equal to the strength of a rocket... that is if you get a direct hit. Anyways I say the chaingun is useless because it's too waeak and the Plazma Rifle replaces it anyway.

Grimm said:

And change the Chaingun graphics!

Unless we change how a weapon acts we won't change the graphics. That's pointless.

Ralphis said:

Shotgun seems so useless with it's SSG counterpart.

The SSG is great at close range, but at a distance it's virtually useless, whereas the Shotgun comes into it's own in this department. Using the SSG on a weak monster like a trooper is also a waste of ammo.

Yes but this is for ZooM where the only things you'll be attacking is other players.

And change the Chaingun graphics!

Unless we change how a weapon acts we won't change the graphics. That's pointless.

The normal chaingun graphics are too boring, in my opinion. Change it to somethin' neat like the dual Chainguns Scuba Steve was postin' about.

Nanami said:

Yes but this is for ZooM where the only things you'll be attacking is other players.

The distance thing still applies. You have to have at least a couple of weapons capable of killing people way off in the lead rather than right in front of/behind/next to you.

It's not a new weapon so it doesn't need new graphics. Making it new would lead people to think it's different somehow and they'd be disappointed when it's not.

Nanami said:

It's not a new weapon so it doesn't need new graphics. Making it new would lead people to think it's different somehow and they'd be disappointed when it's not.

yeah, agreed. that would be an incredible waste of effort. especially since i'd rather keep as many doom elements as possible.

If you dont't like it, don't use it. I've learned to cope with them all.

uh no it's not. The chaingun is a very effective long range weapon in DM and it's not "slow"