Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

Recoloured textures wad released!

As part of my seventh anniversary in the Doom community (7YON), I've finally finished and released my recoloured textures wad. It contains literally hundreds of modified Doom 1 and 2 textures and flats that almost any level designer could find useful. I've even included a improved versions of a few of the original textures, such as the crates.

You can find more details and the download link here. Also at this page is a link to a level released as part of 7YON, which was actually released a week or so ago (I've since uploaded a newer version which fixes a couple of bugs).

Before I forget, huge thanks to Assmaster for hosting the texture wad :)

Hey, nb_recol.zip seems to be corrupt. When I unzip it it gives an error and only the text file is unzipped, but not the wad.

Works fine for me. It probably got corrupted during your download rather than the upload :)

Yeah it works for me. The server it's hosted on must be one of the slowest on the internet though.

The E1M1/Map01 remix-mix is a pretty cool idea and nicely done!

Just 3 words: OH MY GOD!. :)
Great, gonna download it now.

I played that wad while it was in production, awesome map :)
I'll download the recoloured textures now.

Yeah, IIRC the server I'm hosted on is located in Australia. So it might be slow for some people. They provide a great free service though, so I cant really complain.

Edit: Update the Bestiary damnit ;)

NiGHTMARE said:
Works fine for me. It probably got corrupted during your download rather than the upload :)

boris said:
Yeah it works for me.

Weird... I even tried redownloading, even into a different folder, renaming, to a different drive, then to another computer (with a different ZIP app) and they all failed.

Oh well, I'll try to get it from work tomorrow unless you guys reupload it or something.

You sir, are a star. All these new gfx to play around with! I'm not sure about some of the textures, but the vast majority of them are definately very useful.

Now if only I could tear myself away from this archaic Windeu editor maybe I could use some of the new flats as well.

DETH! DETH! DETH!

Oh, no, wait a sec, that don't help you. :P Still, you should upgrade to DETH. It's just a better version of WinDEU.

Judas! I will have no bad words said about Windeu :P

But yeah, in all seriousness I think I might change. The project I'm working on at the moment is for zdoom anyway, and I know it's generally considered a bad idea to do a level in a non-zdoom editor and then change it. I'm not too keen on Wadauthors and Deepseas GUI, but zeth pretty much functions like windeu, and it lets you include new flats. The only arsey thing is it doesn't have an auto-align texture feature (or at least, I can't find it). Oh well, I guess I can use wadauthor for that

nightmare, if you'd like, i could mirror it on hotcut, which should be way faster for people in north america. email me. Also, the file seems to give a bad crc for me as well.. something is corrupt, and it's not on my end.

testing: NB_RECOL.WAD bad CRC 74b014ae (should be 9f5266b0)
"There are many possible causes for data damage. Among the most common is telephone line noise or some other transfer error when downloading a Zip file from an online source such as the Internet, AOL, or CompuServe."

Julian: you know a WinZETH is being made, right? :)

Fusion: that'd be great, thanks. I'll e-mail it to you right now.