Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

Monster Code pointers

Someone on the Forum said that it is possible to give monster codepointers to player's weapons. Altough it is POSSIBLE, it's results are... well dissapointing. When I ordered my Pistol to shoot Imp fireballs, It wasn't using it's ammo and another strange thing happened.

It's impossible to attack a target before he hurts you in any way. When it happens, it makes it a target for you, and all attacks made on enemy with a monster codepointer weapon will always face you to the actual position of the target, and even when the target falls, all your attacks are face to the dead body.

I'll be in need of a few projectile weapons (since there are only three - rockets, plasma, bfg), I'll by trying to make a weapons mod [when I'm finished with Star Wars] called URADEMON - which means You Are A Demon...

How to make my weapons fire projectiles???

If you're using the original .exe, it isn't possible. However, in the most recent versions of ZDoom it's entirely possible; just load the deh file you've made up with zdoom.exe and you'll see :)

ZDoom lets you add a virtually unlimited number of new projectiles in too. Check out this thread for more info on (I think it's in something like the 21st post)

If you don't want to use ZDoom, I believe what you want to use is also entirely possible in EDGE, but you'd have to do it via DDF rather than DEH and I'm afraid I know nothing about that. I've also heard it's possible in Eternity, though I'm not sure whether it's available in the most recent version of Eternity or you'll have to wait until the next release.

So okay, even if I could learn how to create new projectiles, do you know how to make a weapon, pistol let's say, use those projectiles when firing?

I don't think you can add the new projectiles in to a weapon or even a monster via DeHackEd - you'd have to do it via ACS (scripting), but I'm not really sure how.

Monster projectiles can be assigned to a weapon just as you were trying to do before.

NiGHTMARE said:

Monster projectiles can be assigned to a weapon just as you were trying to do before.

I don't think it's workin properly. Check out yourself. If it does on your CPU, then let me now.

I have the LATEST latest version of Zdoom (Version 2.0.47i), and It does the exact same thing to me as it did to him. I have no clue what's different between what you're doing and what I'm doing. Very strange.