Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick

Doom 3 OST

What kind of music to fit the game ? Imo some of the tracks from Doom's score were fantastic, I sometimes listen to them in MIDI files. Quake (NIN) and Quake ][ also had great musics, indeed I prefer Doom's long wistful tones to them in many ways.

Do you like Trent Reznor?

PS: a few years ago, videogames magazines gossiped Schwarzenneger had accepted to embody Doom's Space Marine in an adaptation of the game. Did anyone hear about it? Are they still planning to shoot a film?

If already discussed, forgive me, I'll check out earlier posts.

Both things have been discussed a myriad of times.
There's an entire history on Doom movies and most of the times there ever was a movie planned, it got cancelled.

I believe there's also quite a history on the music topic, although it's rather on the older forums.

What I know about the music in Doom 3: Most of the time the game will not play music, but when certain events happen, there will be some music.
It will most definitely be ambient, but personally, I hope they will fit in a few action tunes.

I think this is a brilliant compromise as I hate a FPS where ambient music plays all the freaking time, so if the music is all ambient, then at least it won't play all the time.
Furthermore, some people here on DW aren't interested in music at all - they rather want the best out of the ambient sounds, so again, this is a great compromise between those guys and those other guys who like music in their games.

dsm said:

What I know about the music in Doom 3: Most of the time the game will not play music, but when certain events happen, there will be some music.

What was that game with that little angel where you could possess people? That game (I thought it was something like "halo" but that's obviously not it) That game had a feature where when combat started, some metal came on. . . it was pretty cool.

you are thinking of 'messiah', i do believe.

Oh man, I loved the concept behind Messiah. The game was a little too console-y for me, but some stuff was really good. Like torturing the transvestite whores. I use to possess them, jump off a cliff, depossess them and fly to safety as they fell 7 floors and broke their legs.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Oh man, I loved the concept behind Messiah. The game was a little too console-y for me, but some stuff was really good. Like torturing the transvestite whores. I use to possess them, jump off a cliff, depossess them and fly to safety as they fell 7 floors and broke their legs.

hmmmm you sparked my attention maybe I'll give this game a try.

Tyockell said:

hmmmm you sparked my attention maybe I'll give this game a try.

you can get it with 'sacrifice' in a double-pack for 10$ from amazon.com. it's been on my wishlist for ages now. but since there's nothing better than torturing transvestite hookers, maybe i should get around to actually buying it.

The music in Messiah was done by a guy named Jesper Kyd, who was big in the demoscene back in the day and has been doing videogame music for awhile now. He has a site with a lot of his music somewhere, he's also apparently a pretty elite coder what with his writing his very own Genesis tracker. Good stuff, go check it out (especially his work on the game Organizm).