Help me choose a cheap digital camera

Which camera to get?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which camera to get?

• Go with the slightly higher-res Vivtar
    • Stick with the cheaper SiPix bundle
    • Neither, lemme show you an even better deal
    • Don\'t get a digicam, faghat

Looking at my place of employment, there are two relatively cheap digital cameras for sale. Help me pick one or warn me off the whole thing entirely.

Candidate #1: Vivitar Vivicam 3500 1360 x 1024 pixel (1.4MP) for US$84.90 (65% below list)

Candidate #2: SiPix StyleCam D23070 Deluxe 1.3MP for US$49.00 (67% below list)

If I had to buy one, I'd go with Vivitar. Looks good and comes with more stuff than the SiPix StyleCam. It may cost 2x more, but it must worth it, but it's suspicious to see the price drop by 160$ :/

Hmmm:

Vivitar: Looks good, 1.4mp isn't super great but it's definitely useable. 8meg card, that's good for the price. THe serial cable interface kinda sucks though, my camera has that and it takes forever to get the pics. All in all it looks pretty good for the price.

StyleCam: Hmmm, doesn't say what kind of memory it comes with. Warning! It does seem to come with a USB connection which is definitely good. Sounds like some of the software might be cool, it could just as easily be shit. The audio record and stuff might be interesting but realistically that stuff doesn't get used much. Way on the upside, for 50 bucks you could afford to use it for 6 months and throw it away.

I'd say if you're looking for something to have some fun with right now, get the cheap one. If you're looking for a longer term investment prolly go for the Vivitar.

I like this one: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=435479#

My Kodak DC215 has been kicked around for years now and still works fine.