Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

ICQ Lite

Hello,

I updated my ICQ lite to the latest and it has an icky banner ad above the search bar, the older version does not. Where can I get the earlier version?

-Chris

I dislike that you can't minimize an icq window by clicking on the task bar thinghy.... unless I missed some dumb setting.

Ok, I found the old version on my "Essentials" CD-R. If anyone wants it, ICQ me @ 29808544.

The only gripe I have about ICQ is that it puts stupid AOL shortcuts in your IE favorites, desktop and start menu. Yuck!

EDIT 3: OMFG, I can't use the old version! Grrrr damn you Miribilas!! Screw this, I'm sticking with Trillian.

I'm sticking with miranda.

Despite the flaw of being totally unable to use/update server side contact list groups, it is still the least painful of all of the icq/aim clients to use.

ICQ started to suck 3 years ago when they implemented ads. I could have stood that, but then the fucking random messages every 5 minutes started coming in. AIM+ treats me well.

ICQ2000b still works pretty well, I only have to put up with a single banner ad.

But actually, I use Trillian on this computer, so nothing is nothingness, no way.

i use 2001b, but the only reason i still have it was from my old UO days when we all used ICQ to talk to each other. how i miss ultima online...

the_Danarchist said:

ICQ started to suck 3 years ago when they implemented ads. I could have stood that, but then the fucking random messages every 5 minutes started coming in. AIM+ treats me well.

You can avoid the random messages by staying in 'invisible mode' then what you do is add anybody who you normally talk to, to your 'visible' list. I never get any of those fucking random messages once I did this....

The newest version of ICQ I've ever used is ICQ98. I went over to one of those multi-client things though.