Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Se7enDeadlySins

Mystery Poster

I remember long long ago when I bought my very first copy of Ultimate Doom, after rumaging through the box with glee at my new game o' death and destruction that I had to wait in anguish for until I could gather the money that isnt so easy to gather way back when, I was pleased to find myself the owner of a nifty new poster, the loading screen on Ultimate Doom equipped with the marine in the foreground fending off a horde of Imps with what is I believe a chaingun and in the backround a marine running to his aide despirately and then at the bottom it had a bunch of (copied..not real of course) signatures. Well, i still have the very same poster but it's aging a bit. I wanted to retire the poor fellow, case it or somesort and get a new one to take its place in its little spot on my wall. To my dismay however, after scouring on ebay and the web, I've yielded nothing. Was this poster that rare? Or do the people that got them, just not want to give them up...or even worse, throw them away? Thanks!

Heh, I have that poster. Awesome. I wish it was painted instead of penciled, but oh well.

By the way, he's holding off a horde of 10 Barons with a Chaingun. So screwed. His buddy (I always thought it was a woman myself) has a BFG, though, so he might not be toast yet. He is actually killing one of the Barons in the poster, though, so maybe it's a super secret weak Baron that never made it in the game. Also curious is that some of the Barons have some sort of cybernetic attachment on one of their hands . . . strange. Worth noting is that the cyborg Baron is what the writers of the Doom books decided to go with.

Yea, never did understand the attachments on the hands of those guys...and yea i guess your right...they do look more like barons I suppose. Still, the mystery thrives...what gives with the lacking of being able to find more? Was it that limited of an edition? you guys think there will be a poster with doom 3? I must know! ARG!!! >:-0

Yeah I`ve got that poster also. Not a bad poster all in all. I`ve had that on the back of the door to my room for many many years.

Also got a magazine page ripped out on my wall from an old computer mag of almost the same thing except that it has the words "Want to have an exciting summer? Try going to hell" at the top of it. Always thought that was a pretty cool slogan for a game.

icemann said:

Also got a magazine page ripped out on my wall from an old computer mag of almost the same thing except that it has the words "Want to have an exciting summer? Try going to hell" at the top of it. Always thought that was a pretty cool slogan for a game.

That was actually the pre-release ad from 1993 - id were originally shooting for a third quarter release.
What magazine was it from? I was under impression that the ad was never published.

You're not the only one who thinks those are Imps. The creature with its tounge out at the bottom of the page is the featured blue-ish picture next to a buncha Imps at the Doomworld header.

I had that poster. Not sure where it is now. I couldn't afford a frame for it back when I got it, so it's probably destroyed by now.

I have that 1993 "Want To Have an Exciting Summer? Go to Hell" pre-release advertisement from what was then called "DOOM: Evil Unleashed" in mint condition. It was on the inside front cover of a computer magazine. As far as I know there are no scans of it anywhere on the Internet. At least, not yet.