Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Family and people in general just aren't worth it

I fucking hate family. Indeed I do.

You live with them your entire childhood pretty much, have to put up with them bitching all the time for every little thing you do wrong, and all for nothing. The more you think about getting away the farther it seems. Mine I can't depend on for anything having a fatass sister and mom thats intellectually inferior to me and doesn't understand 98% of what I'm doing at all times.

Then of course you have the wonderful sibbling that follows the parent(s) around 24/7 kissing their ass, when in all reality that sibbling is fucking rotten. Of course, you can try to just go to friends houses or stay in your room, and then they have the nerve to bitch about you for not being more family-oriented. I don't think I've experienced an deep hatred towards anyone in my life except my family, which is actually very sad.

Alot of times it seems from having alot of friends in the same situation, parents just plain suck anymore, and aren't parents. Half the kids that're on school who're depressed are in that state because their parents ride their asses to get on an honor roll, do well in their various activities, etc. Most the time kids don't tend to want to join in every activity in school despite the fact that they act like they're enjoying it. They merely just do it to satisfy their parents. I mean, parents are sucky enough in todays times that they actually gather up the nerve to blame music, video games, and movies when their kid goes psycho and shoots up a bunch of his schoolmates. Its pretty obvious that if a kid is crazy enough to do that, that his or her parents must not have been very responsible in the fact that they weren't paying enough attention to their kid to see that something was wrong. Of course then again, alot of times now, parents are rather wrapped up in themselves.

Sort of like teachers now. They don't ever seem to be capable of doing their jobs anymore. Here at my school it seems that all the teachers do once they've given you your assignment for the days is sit there on the internet, or on the phone, as if they really needs the internet on their computers. Actually, a good majority of my school is ran off of computers, which in the end is a big mistake. All the kids have to pay ahead for their lunch, and then they make you enter your social security number in the lunch line and use it like a credit card. Then the entire grading system and everything involved with it is on a database in the system. Would be a pity if halfway through the year the entire server crashed and they lost everything. Heh, human being just plain suck anymore. Atleast here they do.

Bah, I'm done bitching now. Maybe some of the rest of you can relate to some of this or something.

Sounds like you're having a hard time. Man I know how it feels. My parents bitchat me for anything, especially my dad. He goes insane for anything I do "wrong". He constantly threatens me for not holding my knife and fork in the "right hands" god dammit. He calls me a retard for not tying my boots up tight enough. Man, he even threatened to throw out of home onto the street If I didn't get a part time job which could only mean that things are going to get worse. If my exam results, which should arrive soon, don't turn out well, he's going to kill me. he screams and shouts at me about that sort of stuff and all my mum can sayis that he's "worried" about me. Well I say he can cram it where the sum doesn't shine.

He constantly tells me that if I did this or that in the navy, I'd be in trouble or people would rip the piss out of me. Heck I'm not going to join the navy anymore. He's so keen on me getting a job which pays well just cos he thinks I'll give him a share of my money. he bitches about all the "crap" I keep on the comp.

He thinks all my stuff causes problems and everytime something goes wrong he lands the blame on me. I've caught him checking through my E-mail, even the old deleted stuff to see if I'm up to anything "suspicous. So I have to cover myass by deleting all traces of evidence of hwere I've been. He's so convinced I'm a complete dumbfuck that I don't know how to wipe the history clean which I do. He's got some crazy idea that everyone on internet chatroms and message boards like this place, are just paedophiles so if he catches me here I'm done for. He's just a fool stuck in a lonley past.

He even had the guts to beat me with a cricketbat when I was only 9 years old. Generally, my life has been hell up till now and you people help keep me sane.

That's the end of my bitching spree.

Melfice said:

Its pretty obvious that if a kid is crazy enough to do that, that his or her parents must not have been very responsible in the fact that they weren't paying enough attention to their kid to see that something was wrong. Of course then again, alot of times now, parents are rather wrapped up in themselves.

Tell me about it. My mum is a primary school teacher and half the parents she deals with are complete morons (criminals, druggies, brainless yobs etc.) And they wonder why their children are complete morons and can't behave, too?

Melfice said:

Sort of like teachers now. They don't ever seem to be capable of doing their jobs anymore.

Well, one reason for that is that they can't get within 10 feet of touching a child (hence controlling their behaviour) without breaking the law. All thanks to the over-reacting government and the fucked up, criminal-favouring legal system (in the UK, at least). One recent example: Another teacher from the same school got hold of a misbehaving kid by his jumper to stop him misbehaving (and two other people saw this), and the kid blabbed to his parent(s) that the teacher grabbed him by his neck. Guess what happened? The teacher got suspended and a possible court case could happen, as (at the moment) they believe the kid over the teacher (who does have a history of this sort of thing, btw) and witnesses!

Completely insane and screwed-up. Maybe it's the first step towards the dark future we see in books, films and games...

Heh, talk about parents thrown in the past, I'll throw you a curve ball. My grandparents are actually the ones that buy me the clothes I like and everything. My grandfather is into doom and beta tests my levels all the time, lol. Off and on I consider moving in with them. Life would be less stressful that way. Thing is is that I don't mean to go around bitching and biting peoples heads off all the time, buts its in the atmosphere of this place. It'd get to anyone after a while.

I have a pretty tense atmosphere in here. I have to watch the things I say or my dad could go mad just like that. II'm constantly having watch back.

BTW, cool grandparents Melfice.

Ninja_of_Doom said:

I have a pretty tense atmosphere in here. I have to watch the things I say or my dad could go mad just like that. II'm constantly having watch back

I have a friend that has the same sort of problem, except in his case its his mother. She is fucking psycho in all seriousness. One time when I was staying the night, we were asleep, and all of a sudden his mom came running down the stairs and slammed the door open, nailing me in the side, and said she smelled smoke come up through the vents, and blamed us for smoking. His brother and his brother's friend themselves said they didn't smell anything. We were like, wtf?! He eventually got so tired of her being on his ass about it, that he just lied and told her it was him smoking. I was disappointed that he gave into her and told her that, but I suppose he would have got tired of her riding his ass about it. I mean, she's fuckin crazy, she's whiped him with a vaccum cleaner's cord before. Gah, I think I'll stop here about that crazy bitch. There's so much. I could write a novel about her and her torturous behaviour.

I can relate as well. My family sucks. I can't go anywhere at night in most cases, have to tell them wherever I go, they limit the time I am allowed on the computer. My brother deserves to die. Retarded rules suddenly appear all the time, just because they like to control me. And the fact that I can get straight A's while practically sleeping in class seems to mean nothing to them, yet if any grades drop then I have hell to pay.

My family is about average. Let's see.....my younger brother is 19, I'm 20, and my elder bro is 23. You'd think that with three young men in the same house it would be hell around you, but you'd be wrong.
I tend to largely ignore my parents, and they me, but that's not as bad it seems, since when they do pay attention it's tell me to get my ass a job, a shave, and/or haircut.

Melfice said:

Maybe some of the rest of you can relate to some of this or something.

I completely and utterly understand. You summed up my thoughts almost perfectly in your rant.

You know you could be fucking grateful for having a family, having a home, having people that care about you, because there's a lot of kids out there who don't have any of that. Quit complaining about the small things, the things that, in the grand scheme of things, don't really matter. Be grateful you're with people who love you because it sure as hell could be a lot damn worse.

werd zarcyb. damn kids :P

ninja of doom: your sig is too long, please shorten it to six lines

yeah, i can relate, but you just have to learn to deal with them.
Ninja_of_DooM, thats why you get another profile. and get on his side, and then hide all the files. also, i get bitched at for leaving my pc on and leaving my door closed. i dont give a fuck. ill do it again and again. just tell him to leave you alone and "that if your a good parent, you have to respect my thaughts and views on life, and if you dont wanna do that, lets go outside, and lets duke it out now, cus ive lived with your crap long enough"
that line usually works.

I can relate I suppose. In my early to mid teens i had a constant problem with my family. I had long hair and wore black all the time and listened to questionable music, hung around the "wrong crowd", did the wrong things and stopped caring about anything that was truly important in my life. At the time I thought all the stuff they did was just to piss me off, just to opress my freedoms because they couldnt understand i wasnt a little kid anymore. Of course looking back on it now, I realize me thinking that was silly. They werent raping me of any freedoms or trying to piss me off, they were trying to help me. They always complained about me never doing anything and how worthless i was and how i was pissing my life away and hurting myself and all this stuff. Well they had good reasons for saying it, mainly because all the things they were saying were true. They tried to force me to be a different way out of concern, not misunderstanding. I fought and they fought back in ways that eventually forced me to realize i was being a fagtard. I still have my individual tastes. I just do things now so that my parents dont look like bad parents(because they're actually the opposite) and i also do things that arent going to fuck up my future. i try to do things to please them, because zarcy is right, I'm lucky to even have them. You will only ever have one mom and one dad. Unless your parents are truly bad, (like lock you in a deep freezer and feed through a hole drilled into the top style) then you shouldnt use the word hate.

Lessee...My parents divorced when I was six, I have two sisters and no flesh and blood brothers...sigh. My mom did the best she could trying to raise three kids by herself, it was hell for her! She went through numerous boyfriends that all they wanted to do was boff her and then they would just slap her around, I even jumped on the back of one of them when he was trying to whip my mom's backside when I was around 8 or 9 years old but my mom pried me off his back before I got seriously hurt by this guy. Don't get me wrong, my mom did things to me while I was growing up that I didn't like at all, but without her being there for me I would probably be dead right now! Yeah, being a kid and having rules over your head did suck at the time, I wanted to do things and she would say no and if I talked back to her I got a serious butt whipping!

My stepdad married in was I was 13 and I thought the world came crashing down around me, I was the man of the house! How dare he take that control from me! I hated him for the longest time for that! But I was just being stupid...As the years have passed this "stranger" has taken care of my mom and treated her well and now I consider him to be my dad! How times change when you get older...:)

My parents rock man!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

For so long I wanted nothing more than to find my dad and beat him to death. It was very strange, when he finally died I thought there would be some kind of change. I thought finally me, my brother and two sisters could put everything behind us. None of us cried, not for that fucking monster, but there was no relief either. For so many years I thought that once he was dead it would finally be over, and that everything would be better. When it finally happened though there was just nothing. Not happy, not sad, not angry. There was just nothing.

One of my favorite sayings is: "I lamented I had no shoes till I met a man with no feet."

Sure it could be worse, but it could be better too. There's nothing wrong with venting a little, bitching about how other people have what you are for some reason denied. Not only is there nothing wrong with it, it's good for you. It's always easy to sit back and say "stop bitching! You could have it so much worse!" but there is always someone somewhere who's got it a little worse. So really is there only one person in the world we should feel badly for? If you got something you wanna talk about do it. Bitch about it all you want, just as long as you understand that it really could be worse, and that you should never judge someone else by your experiences. I can't even remember how many times I had to listen to some posuer talk about how their life was worse than someone elses, how they should be pittied above all others. Those are the people who need to shut up. Otherwise say whatever you feel like. Just don't start playing the pain game. Oh my pain is the worst! No my pain is way worse than yours! Those are the people I hate.

I'm so frelling glad I'm not human. Unfortunately, I still go through the same thing. Damn.

I'm tired of my girlfriend's mom. She's always on about times and addresses when we go anywhere with my friends. My friends are almost all computer programmers damnit! Most of them don't even drink and my girlfriend is 18 by the way. She complains about her mom grounding her for things so I told her to do what I did to my mom. If I was grounded I'd walk right out the door, announce I was going to my friend's house and I'd come back when could start talking like an adult instead of screaming like a 3 year old. Barring my girlfriend following my advice, I'm gonna give her mom a nasty logical lecture that will give even her (big German woman) a nasty guilt trip.

As for my mom, she would always rant and yell and bitch, and eventually got to the point of calling me names like "asshole." The truth is, I don't think my parents were too happy for a lot of their marriage. My mom would yell at us a lot though. In the end, I got smart and never blew up at mom. I just argued with her and she can't argue so she'd either blow up and look stupid or go sulk somewhere. If she screamed "I'm the adult here!!!" I'd just say, "Yeah, but you act like a 5 year old." It eventually shut her up good.

After my parents seperated and my mom's new boyfriend moved in she was suddenly quite happy all the time. She still gets in nasty moods and goes off to sulk by herself sometimes (and her boyfriend and I just sit there going, "I dunno") but it's better. She never freaks out or threatens us with nasty crap anymore. Oddly enough, it turns out she doesn't really even need to disipline my little brother too much with grounding or anything. He's a slob but he's not bad.

As for schools, they've never really had good methods for dealing with a pile of kids. I doubt they ever will. BTW, most school marks databases are routinely backed up on other servers and on schoolboard machines. It's hard to lose them.

To everyone who just whined:
OMG my parents dont understand me.
Welcome to life. Enjoy your stay.

Pretty much everyone goes through these kind of things with their family at some point or another. Most of you will look back later and realize it's really not that bad. Believe it or not, all they're trying to do is provide the best future they possibly can for you. But nobody's perfect. They are people, in case you forgot.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention this little bit. No matter how hard you try, almost everyone turns out to be exactly like their parents :)

Family troubles caused by one member pushes me to breakdown. My concerns at nearly 20 are starting my own life, building my carea. I am too old for the shit and not obliged to give a flying fuck for anyone, except its my PARENTs who are suffering from one female member. It's cause of more of this intensely miserable life = hell that happened recently, I am getting the fuck away for 2 weeks. I actually leave in ..um.. over 3 hours :P Mainly, because I got violent, and dream up too often ways to hurt the bitch incredibly.
My parents are good and I'd cause them no misery like certain other. Seeing your father in tears is a pull-plug on your hatred-regulator.

Living with my family, and this member is the bain of my life.

I told you all about this before melfice, did I trigger your memories? hehe.

Ok, gonna close front door, piss on it and leave.
Keep it sic

Parents need to STFU once in a while that's my opinion.

Oh and ultimate doomer is hitting the nail on the head for saying that the law system over here is FUBAR.

Assmaster said:

To everyone who just whined:
OMG my parents dont understand me.
Welcome to life. Enjoy your stay.

Pretty much everyone goes through these kind of things with their family at some point or another. Most of you will look back later and realize it's really not that bad. Believe it or not, all they're trying to do is provide the best future they possibly can for you. But nobody's perfect. They are people, in case you forgot.

Everyone needs to bitch once in a while and I must say that both Melfice and Ninja_of_Doom seem to have a bunch of retards for a family, so I think they've got a damn good reason to whine thank you very much.
You talk as if their problems are just minor issues, that's why I'm reacting to your comment - their problems are not just minor fucking issues from what I can tell. Let 'em vent, they need it.

I don't feel I have anything to complain about, though I certainly have had my ride through "Family-troublesville", but at least my parents aren't retards who refuse to understand my ways. They've definitely learned that I'm an adult now and they've never been truly unfair to me either - just old-fashioned at times.

As long as those who whine don't think the world owes them bigtime, because as someone already said: There's always someone out there who's got a harder time than you. Whenever I feel miserable, I just remember that at least I get three meals a day and at least I've got a roof over my head.

Well at least I've only got one whole year left before I leave home so I just have to hang in there. I don't plan on coming back either, not for a very long time anyway.

I find that when my dad starts bitching at me, he stares at me hopinnng to make me feel small, but I've grown up so I'm his height nowadays, so all I do is stare right back at him and hope he doesn't go nuts about it. He seems to think that any talk back to him is cheek so there's no way I can argue with him.

He still believes I'm a kid dammit. Only a month or so ago he hit me on the arm and started saying how I was still a small boy and always would be. Hello, I'm 17 you jerk. But I was able to learn that he could never hurtme. When he hit me it didn't hurt so now I'm more confident that if it ever comes to physical stuff, I'll sure as hell take all he gives me and give it back 10 times worse.