Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Wedding Story

He he, classic.

rather than the typical British stag night where you all arrange it beforehand go out get drunk and hire a stripper.

That may be true for Scottish stag nights, but we also have a tradition known as "blackening" (at least in North East Scotland). This is not part of the stag night as such, but does happen a day or 2 before the wedding. The groom (occasionally the bride) is semi willingly captured by their mates and covered in some sort of unpleasant goop - possibly clothed or otherwise.

When my turn came, I was dropped into a drum of all sorts of black, unpleasant stuff from the works machine shop.

It isn't too uncommon to find someone tied to a lamp post covered in syrup and feathers.

In my local town, it is quite usual for the victim to be syruped, egged, feathered, and anything else goopy and unpleasant added, then tied to an upright on a flatbed truck and paraded around the town with his mates also in the truck cheering, drinking, tooting the truck horn and playing loud music.

Not aware of anyone having what that Swede had done to him though.

That's great; one of those never-saw-it-coming practical jokes. Imagine the conversation:

"Wear this false beard and sit on this yacht!"
"Why the beard? What the hell are you talking about? Where are you taking me?"
"It makes you look like a skipper."
"Well why didn't you say so?" *puts beard on* "Hmm, it itches a bit. Oh well, I'll just wear it all day."

hilarity ensues