Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

Meaningless Questions

OK, that was fast. Let's conclude it:

Q12 - Correct, Lát - Lost souls. They are the only monsters who don't have an "awakening" sound.

Q13 - well, this question could be understood in two ways, so I guess you both were right. Lát gave the answer that I was waiting for: the imp sprites are called TROO and the demon sprites are called SARG. And AndrewB gave the names of the sprites to the Zombieman and the Shotgun Guy, which is also correct.

Q14 - correct answer has been given by AndrewB. Yes, I should have specified "any level", because some levels in DOOM (although not DOOM2) are ended when you kill the boss). Switch Trigger, Walk Trigger, Romero's head and the special sector type which nukes you until your health is <10%, like used in E1M8. These are the four. In BOOM there was another one added, Gun Trigger.

Q15 - Once again, AndrewB gave the right answer, although he didn't explain it. The question was also not very clear, but I did knew about MAP07 and the second exit (I even mentioned it in one of the previous questions). However, in MAP32 if you play with -nomonsters, you cannot exit the level because there is no alternate exit and there are no Keens.
What I meant here is literally "cannot deathmatch without monsters". Indeed it is MAP30, because the Demon Spawner isn't treated as a monster and it won't go away, and will start spawning monsters as soon as it "sees" a player, and soon you will have a room full of monsters.

In general, I should phrase my questions better, but there is a risk of making them too obvious. They are not hard as they are anyway.

Q16 - Lát, you almost spotted it. They intended, at least at some point, to call it "Fatso". This information I obtained from Hank Leukart's DOOM FAQ 5.8, the last pre-DOOM2 version. Although I admit that the sprite name FATT makes "Fatty" more believable.

Q17 - Here I may have made a mistake. I should have said "the first level where you can get the segments". It is Desolate Garden, the secret level of "Castle of Grief". But Lát says that it's in the Tombs too, and although I haven't checked it, I believe.

OK, what's next:

Q18 - Speaking of the Demon Spawner on MAP30: what would it look like if you could see it?

Q19 - What can be seen as a semi-proof that the BFG is indeed "Big Fucking Gun" and not "Big Fragging Gun"?

Q20 (this one is actually two questions) - What do all the items that count toward "items %" in the end of the level have in common, i.e. what makes them different from other items, and what are the two exceptions to this? (if you can find more than two, tell me)

OK, that was fast. Let's conclude it:

Q12 - Correct, Lát - Lost souls. They are the only monsters who don't have an "awakening" sound.

Who the hell is Lát?

Q13 - well, this question could be understood in two ways, so I guess you both were right. Lát gave the answer that I was waiting for: the imp sprites are called TROO and the demon sprites are called SARG. And AndrewB gave the names of the sprites to the Zombieman and the Shotgun Guy, which is also correct.

Once again who the hell is Lát?

Q14 - correct answer has been given by AndrewB. Yes, I should have specified "any level", because some levels in DOOM (although not DOOM2) are ended when you kill the boss). Switch Trigger, Walk Trigger, Romero's head and the special sector type which nukes you until your health is <10%, like used in E1M8. These are the four. In BOOM there was another one added, Gun Trigger.

Really?

Q15 - Once again, AndrewB gave the right answer, although he didn't explain it. The question was also not very clear, but I did knew about MAP07 and the second exit (I even mentioned it in one of the previous questions). However, in MAP32 if you play with -nomonsters, you cannot exit the level because there is no alternate exit and there are no Keens.
What I meant here is literally "cannot deathmatch without monsters". Indeed it is MAP30, because the Demon Spawner isn't treated as a monster and it won't go away, and will start spawning monsters as soon as it "sees" a player, and soon you will have a room full of monsters.

Yeah I was bot DMing in map 30 and monsters started spawning. That was a bitch.

In general, I should phrase my questions better, but there is a risk of making them too obvious. They are not hard as they are anyway.

Q16 - Lát, you almost spotted it. They intended, at least at some point, to call it "Fatso". This information I obtained from Hank Leukart's DOOM FAQ 5.8, the last pre-DOOM2 version. Although I admit that the sprite name FATT makes "Fatty" more believable.

Goddamnit! WHO THE HELL IS Lát?

Q17 - Here I may have made a mistake. I should have said "the first level where you can get the segments". It is Desolate Garden, the secret level of "Castle of Grief". But Lát says that it's in the Tombs too, and although I haven't checked it, I believe.

OK, what's next:

Q18 - Speaking of the Demon Spawner on MAP30: what would it look like if you could see it?

Its invisible to my knowledge

Q19 - What can be seen as a semi-proof that the BFG is indeed "Big Fucking Gun" and not "Big Fragging Gun"?

In the Doom Bible it is called the Big Fucking Gun

Q20 (this one is actually two questions) - What do all the items that count toward "items %" in the end of the level have in common, i.e. what makes them different from other items, and what are the two exceptions to this? (if you can find more than two, tell me)

They add to your health, armor or ammo.

Goddamnit, bigbadgangsta, you really pissed me off this time!

First of all, you took out the quotes so no one can understand when you are quoting me and when you are adding your own meaningless bullshit.

Second, you complain about the way I spell L-alt129-t's name. Well, it may interest you that I spell it L-alt129-t. It just happens that some of us may have different character maps, so it looks different. L-alt129-t never complained.

From this point on I will call him L-alt129-t and not Lát until he says that it's OK, or until you or someone else suggest another character which looks like the square.

Finally, you have answered all three questions wrong. I asked "what it would look like IF you could see it" and you rediscovered America by telling us that it is invisible. Great. Now, I don't know what the DOOM Bible is, but unless it's written by ID, in which case you can point this out, it cannot be taken as official. And about the items, well, that's just wrong.

See you later, guys.

From this point on I will call him L-alt129-t and not Lát until he says that it's OK, or until you or someone else suggest another character which looks like the square.

Actually, it's an umlauted "u" :)

I assumed it's something like that. But on my PC it looks like an ordinary square, and what I post looks like the hebrew letter "Bet". So I let L-alt129-t decide how he wants me to spell his name in the future.

I repost my previous set of questions, as bigbadgangsta messed the whole thread up: :)