Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Eternity Engine v3.31 Public Beta 3 + new Frontend are out!

Looks good. It is far more stable than 3.29, on my computer at least. I have been testing it with some demos that didn't play back OK previously (mostly due to crashes), with very good results so far.

Looking good. I have a couple of suggestions for the front end. Ability to load multiple WADs would be nice but is not critical. I also thought up a technique that would greatly simplify the loading of WADs.

Set the launcher up so it has four launch buttons instead of one - one for Doom, one for Doom II, and one each for the Final Doom IWADs. Now, let the launcher take parameters as WAD files to be loaded, so people can associate WAD files with the launcher. Then all you'd need to do is double click the WAD and the front end would load. Select your parameters, hit the relevant game button and volia. Then people can put WADs in their Start Menu or a Toolbar folder, so they could instantly launch their WAD of choice with a couple of clicks. Doom playing utopia :)

..or just wait until quas adds drop-loading support and you can right click on wads and it says Load in Eternity (Doom), Load in Eternity (Doom II), Load in Eternity (Heretic). voila.

Umm guys, the front end can already load multiple PWADs. I believe the documentation that comes with it mentions that fact. Just either type the names in by hand, surrounding each with quotation marks and separating them with at least one space, or use the file selection dialog for PWADs multiple times, and it'll append each subsequent file name to the current value in the text box. The dialog doesn't support selecting multiple files at once because that is quite a pain to do due to how the CFileDialog's API works when multiple selection is enabled. I decided it was not worth messing with.

But you can have as many PWAD file names as you want in the PWAD box, as long as you follow the rules.

tasty. :)

Since you never get anything in return: here's a joke for ya!
What do Michael Jackson and Robert Downey Jr have in common?

They both have a 10-year old crack habit. =P

Sorry if this is the wrong place to report a bug or if you're already aware of this one...

It seems that if the player dies in the process of exiting a map, then he starts the next map as a zombie. This has nothing to do with voodoo dolls - it's just with a "normal" suicide exit.

There's a recent compet-n demo, 1326hr01.lmp (suicide trick used to exit map09), that displays this problem. I was using Eternity v3.31 Public Beta 3. I have tested it with a few other maps, and it does seem to happen consistently.

Yes, it's what causes THISSUXX.LMP to desync too, but I didn't want to put anyone through the horror of watching that. ;)