Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Well for f*ck sakes

I was just on phobo lab website found Here It appears that Id has lost someone else from the doom 3 production team but see for yer self.

I saw this too, on Slashdot yesterday, but forgot to post about it.

The question is: is it a bad sign that so many are leaving while the game is in development?

Updated the FAQ.

Assmaster said:

Someone needs to check doomworld news more often.

Doomworld news? What's that?

I read somewhere that he was working on the sound engine, and it may simply be the case that his work is done.

Well, this doesn't really sound good. After the whole Half-life 2 hype started, Doom 3 has lost it on some points. Someone leaving the team will not make it any better, although it might not be anything dramatic at all. We'll see shortly I'm sure.

Well, looks like that's it. No need to worry about Doom 3 anymore, as it seems it's headed well on its way to its doom (no pun intended). *Sigh* /me goes back to awaiting the real killer app of the year, Jedi Knight 3.

Well, no need to worry about DOOM 3 anymore. With so many people leaving the dev team, I'm sure the game is almost done. Hurray!

DOOM 3 delayed? My ass. :P

Shaviro said:

You are all forgetting Paul J. He left under Doom3 development as well.

Paul didn't want to work on such a gruesome project, as simple as is.
And he didn't share the feelings other people have when they hear "DooM".

geekmarine said:

Well, looks like that's it. No need to worry about Doom 3 anymore, as it seems it's headed well on its way to its doom (no pun intended).

heh. that is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard! (just after andrewb's hitman 2 post)

BNA! said:

Paul didn't want to work on such a gruesome project, as simple as is.
And he didn't share the feelings other people have when they hear "DooM".

Well. Then I'm glad he left. Can't force a man to work on something he doesn't like.

BlueSonnet said:

It seems to be getting more and more realistic that doom3 is going to becom another DNF. ;_;

Hopefully not anyway.

Ok. This post ranks pretty high on the "stupid post" list. Why in the world would it become another DNF?

Can I get a reality check, reality check on isle 6 please!
Stop worrying you tards, the development of Doom3 is not in jeopardy.

Shaviro said:

Why in the world would it become another DNF?

It's simple. Last year they said Doom3 would be out roundabout this time this year. It's still not out yet. Why? Because as far as we know the date has been changed to December (maybe a little earlier). However because there is rumours going around that doom3 won't come out till march 2004 and so-called news about people who are stopping work on doom3, it just seems to go on and on.

Now don't get me wrong. No one can take their word for it (ie the supposed release dates), after all iirc they said they had finished the game and are now just tweaking it, implenting things and generally making it good, something i'm happy about. It's just that with news like this one can wonder if the game will really come out any time soon.

One more thing: I will admit that post was a tad goofy but chill out. It's not exactly blasphemy\harmful, and stupid posts happen all the time. Why get grouchy now?

BlueSonnet said:

It's simple. Last year they said Doom3 would be out roundabout this time this year. It's still not out yet. Why? Because as far as we know the date has been changed to December (maybe a little earlier). However because there is rumours going around that doom3 won't come out till march 2004 and so-called news about people who are stopping work on doom3, it just seems to go on and on.

Now don't get me wrong. No one can take their word for it (ie the supposed release dates), after all iirc they said they had finished the game and are now just tweaking it, implenting things and generally making it good, something i'm happy about. It's just that with news like this one can wonder if the game will really come out any time soon.

I bet Graeme Devine had already done his job on the project. We don't know if this Trent story is true. Tweaking a game takes a lot of time. Back in spring it was said (by Todd Hollenshead I think) that the game was 90% done. These last 10% will take more time than any other 10% of the game because of the tweaking. Now I don't think id software is done putting in new content yet, but I expect them to be in the coming months. Add that to the final tweaking and it should be done around December/early 2004. That is my guess anyway.

One more thing: I will admit that post was a tad goofy but chill out. It's not exactly blasphemy\harmful, and stupid posts happen all the time. Why get grouchy now?

Who's grouchy? :)

There has never been a definite release date for DOOM 3. Tim Willits only stated that "Carmack would be very pissed if DOOM 3 can't make it in 2003". However, year 2003 isn't over yet. So why the pessimism?

One can hardly say that DOOM 3 is delayed at this point of time. The rumours floating on the Net is just that, rumours. Groundless on not, it's up to anybody's guess.

Shaviro said:

Who's grouchy? :)

*wipes sweat off forehead*

Consider my mind eased. :)

Zoorado said:

Tim Willits only stated that "Carmack would be very pissed if DOOM 3 can't make it in 2003". However, year 2003 isn't over yet.

That's another reason why the rumours are very likely to be false. They don't come from the guys at id themselves.

Oops, sorry, I guess I forgot my [sarcasm] tags. Heh, I'd thought the Jedi Knight 3 remark would be enough. Not that I have anything against Jedi Knight 3, in fact I am quite looking forward to it, but there's no way it can be put in the same category as Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.

geekmarine said:

Oops, sorry, I guess I forgot my [sarcasm] tags. Heh, I'd thought the Jedi Knight 3 remark would be enough. Not that I have anything against Jedi Knight 3, in fact I am quite looking forward to it, but there's no way it can be put in the same category as Half-Life 2 and Doom 3.

ah! Makes sense now! :)
I'm looking forward to JK3 too. Possibly more than HL2 actually, but then again..I'm a starwars geek.

BlueSonnet said:

That's another reason why the rumours are very likely to be false. They don't come from the guys at id themselves.

Once again, I can see that a hunch I have (had) isn't totally without reason.

I say again: I don't believe that Doom 3 is delayed until I get an official statement from the iD guys themselves or until we're into 2004 without Doom 3 on the store shelves.

How can Doom 3 be delayed when it's official release date has always been "when it's done"?

BNA! said:
Paul didn't want to work on such a gruesome project, as simple as is. And he didn't share the feelings other people have when they hear "DooM".

Ah, one of those weirdos...

DOOM II's ENDOOM states:
Thanks for purchasing DOOM II. We hope you have as much fun playing it as we had making it. If you don't, then something is really wrong with you and you're different and strange. All your friends think DOOM II is great.

I just knew they existed, somewhere.

It's quite simple, really. iD Software is simply going to to delay the release of Doom 3 until at least a couple of expansion packs are done and the engine's been used in 50 other games. By the time we get ahold of Doom 3, it will already be "Collector's Edition" which includes all the expansion packs AND it will be in the bargain bin. Sure, it'll be a while, but it'll be totally worth it when we finally DO get our copies (in other words dirt cheap and low system requirement).

Lol geek..
Hmm when it's done..then all this rumors of delays ..could be another PR tactic...if it's released in december all of a sudden people will go berserk :-))

geekmarine said:

It's quite simple, really. iD Software is simply going to to delay the release of Doom 3 until at least a couple of expansion packs are done and the engine's been used in 50 other games. By the time we get ahold of Doom 3, it will already be "Collector's Edition" which includes all the expansion packs AND it will be in the bargain bin. Sure, it'll be a while, but it'll be totally worth it when we finally DO get our copies (in other words dirt cheap and low system requirement).

Joke of the week(TM)
:-)

Like I posted on AndrewB's retarded Hitman 2 post, if Id Software don't get their asses in gear and finish the god damned game, either

1. The whole team will quit before its done

2. Everyone will just get tired of waiting and lose interest

or

3. They're gonna lose the race to revolutionize gaming

myk said:

Ah, one of those weirdos...

Paul Jaquays is in his late forties, has a wife and two children (iirc) and is a very religious man. I can understand why he doesn't see himself working on what could be the darkest, most satanically influenced game ever.

Lord FlatHead said:

I can understand why he doesn't see himself working on what could be the darkest, most satanically influenced game ever.

ahhh can you smell the evil? damn I love doom It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.