Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

A Letter...

Dear Doom Community,

Thank you for all the help you gave me on editing when I needed it. Thank you for actualy knowing the basics of the editors so much that you can actualy HELP newbies and not for some godforsaken reason know LESS than someone that just opened up an editor and fooled around. Tank you for not flaming anyone who asks a simple question four ways to Sunday. Thank you for actualy being at least moderatley schooled in English to the point that I can understand you (not u!). Thank you for not being a bunch of fucking eight year olds who just happened to find this game on your older brother's PC. Thank you for not being the FUCKING STARCRAFT COMMUNITY.

Your friend,

D(A)N

P.S. All I wanted was some help or possibly a link to another editor other than the default Campaign Editor so I could make certain unit changes to make some Warhammer 40,000 scenarios in Starcraft. After finding what appears to be the most popular forums on the subject, I looked around and was horribly dismayed at what I found.

Anyone who asked a remotely stupid question was horribly flamed in half-English grunts mainly consisting of 'u', 'r', 'dum', and 'and iditot'. The mind cannot comprehend such rampant idiocy and violent mudslinging. Even worse, the flamers and so called 'mapping experts' knew even less about an editor then I do. They couldn't figure out that to stop flags from being generated by a flag beacon, all you need to do is change it from a flag beacon to a fucking TERRAN beacon which looks exactly the same. Most of the replies to said post went something like this: "sry cant help u dood :((((", and the most intelligent post told the person to do a massive workaround using triggers. It was so horrid I decided to just leave without getting involved and just closed my editor right then and there.

So again, I thank you.

Ralphis said:

omg dan u r so fukkin dum 4 maekin dat letta

I sentence you to kiss my ass!!

You're welcome Dan. If you ever need any help, you can always ask me. =P

I know a bit about ZDoom. In fact some people think I'm a ZDoom reference. o_O Although I'm sure if I got into a fight about who knows more about ZDoom, Cyb would win. ALTHOUGH CYB IS A GOD AND GODS DON'T TALK TO COMMONFOLK MUCH.

There's also this real creepy guy that follows me around on IRC and asks me ZDoom questions and thinks I'm the coolest thing ever. Seriously it's really creepy.

Nanami said:

There's also this real creepy guy that follows me around on IRC and asks me ZDoom questions and thinks I'm the coolest thing ever. Seriously it's really creepy.

Who, KeithWeisshar?

I'm just gonna steal Ralphis's joke here.

u r no th omg 2 gise jus cam & 8 ma chika sanichs i thnk u wer 1 o them dud don b a hui h 1 4 he sad ja ouija oahdsh h eo ha iow he cuvs 2 u & me dawg you bee 2 Xtrem os git of my scoter u biz u r oso gound ed ow no duns tep on mi jesus xtream 2 be 1 fo het 3 miskiters u mus bee 1 fo hte mnay ppl hoo yoos aol 2 be ididot moreon u r soo dub 1 cud kik u fi i wnaaned 2 btu i wnt cuz ur 2 dum 2 be 2 kmisketrs sooo u cin kik urslef rite ni hte faec ulnes u lik DBS likj majin gouk + gohan si het 1 naemd gouhna ssj1447 os meby u wud go awa thn wudnt u?yeh i tawt so u u moromon u sik u 2 dook foop book 2 the end dawg.

DarkWolf said:

People still play StarCraft?

Obsessively.

You haven't truly wanted to die until you've heard my roommate's philosophical musings over Starcraft.

DarkWolf said:

People still play StarCraft?

Yes, and it's quite a fun game, really. It's just that everyone else who plays it...Jesus...

pritch, that is one good image you made, also, The sentence to kick your ass thing... w00t! I like this kind of humor stuff,... where can I find more? :D

The campaign editor for sc is one of the easiest things to learn, ever. The sc community must have went to hell, not that it was never there in the first place, what with some of the gayest clans ever created playing it.

gatewatcher said:

...The sc community must have went to hell, not that it was never there in the first place, what with some of the gayest clans ever created playing it.

As a matter of opinion, nearly the entire bnet community has gone down the tubes.

Let's see...

On Starcraft, most of the time you can't even start off a team melee game without some moron lifting off the terran command center when trying to build scv's, denies of doing so, and then does it again. Some variations of this are included such as someone burrowing and unburrowing zerg drones repeatedly and of course denying it.
Normal melee games are not even worth it anymore. Consider yourself very lucky if you find a decent game without some hot shot performing the classic unally-and-backstab attack just for that person's own amusement whether it be a PvP or PvC game. And the custom games are just pointless. Some are rigged just so the game creator can sit back and laugh. I guess the best thing to do play with someone you know or even set up a LAN game.

Diablo 2 is just horrible right now. There are just too many things to mention: D2hackit, HC triggerhacks, etc. Again, stick with people you know. Even start new characters in the 1.10 beta if you must.

As for Warcraft 3, I only play this on a LAN downtown so what the hell do I know about it?

Well, that's my personal rant. Just had to get that off my chest, so I think I'll shut up now.

gatewatcher said:

The campaign editor for sc is one of the easiest things to learn, ever. The sc community must have went to hell, not that it was never there in the first place, what with some of the gayest clans ever created playing it.

it takes 30 seconds to know what your doing in that editor. that's why I loved it when I first played the game. I used to make so many of my own campaigns but never actually released them.

BTW, Starcraft is a nationally televised sport in South Korea (yes I am being serious).