Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

The /newstuff Chronicles #141

Ichor said:

You never know what they're doing when you aren't around. For all you know, they could be playing a nice game of gin rummy with the Imps and Hell Knights.

Well that's where the magic of Eternity's walkcam comes into its own.

Searcher: received it, and sent you mine. The "CB trick" betrays the age of the map IMO: in those days it seemed to be considered unfair to put the player up against a couple of cybers in a fair fight.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Whether it was wrong or not to call a hand-sized one that, the DooM starts are man-sized, so they are manikins.

How about this?

They are human-sized, but hitting one damages the player - voila

voodoo manikin/nikin/equin/nequins

:-Þ

well I think the point here is they've been called voodoo dolls for years by everyone :P

insertwackynamehere said:

What the fuck is "Þ"? How do you put it in?
Edit: Besides copying and pasting it.

I believe it is a character known as an Icelandic thorn. I have no idea what it sounds like, but you put it in by holding the alt key and typing 0222 on the numeric keypad.

I believe it is pronounced like the "th" in "thanks".
There is another Icelandic letter, eth (ð - Alt-0240), which is pronounced like the "th" in "the".

Gokuma said:

The female marine sprites in that skin and Immoral Conduct are originally from Aliens DM3. I also already released a skin of it on my page with the sprites fixed up substantially, a statbar face (also some minor fixes here) someone made, and a different selection of sounds.

Yes, I did steal the sprites from Immoral Conduct. I got bored one day and made the skin, and at first I wasn't going to upload it, but I checked the skins directory at ftp://3darchives.in-span.net and there wasn't any female marine skin there, so I uploaded it. Oh, well... I just knew that I wasn't the first one to make a female skin, just the first person to upload it here.

Sign in to follow this