Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Gamespy is here you have no chance make your time

I believe we should all mount a massive ad campaign to make GameSpy look like a bunch of money-grabbing super Nazis (which they just might be). ;)

dsm said:

Because I assumed that it was a deliberate joke, playing on the "Gamespy is here you have no chance make your time" topic heading.

It's in the topic in their official IRC channel, so no :)

When it comes to evil, greedy corporations, Gamespy is in the same league as Microsoft, McDonalds and NVidia.

NiGHTMARE said:

When it comes to evil, greedy corporations, Gamespy is in the same league as Microsoft, McDonalds and NVidia.

Yeah, because Gamespy is all about killing babies and raping women. Good god people, these corporations aren't really evil. I mean, MS, what did they do that's so fucking evil? Oh, their OS isn't open source and it isn't Linux. McDonalds is fast-food, for Christ's sake, they run a charity, yet they're some real evil bastards. NVidia, I dunno, heh, I use their cards, but um, I dunno :-P

Gamespy isn't bad, you guys are just upset that it isn't like Doomworld. Personally, I think all this "fuck this site" bullshit is retarded and childish (unless the site has a real good reason to be flamed). Gamespy is huge and chock full of information and files, which *gasp, MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FIND HELPFUL. Personally, when looking for info on certain games I have, like Quake 3 or Unreal, I go to planetquake or planetunreal and within minutes, I have what I'm looking for, usually. Gamespy isn't evil, it's just huge. Huge != evil. Thanks.

I'd say resorting to tactics which ruin other peoples' small (and sometimes not so small) businesses and therefore often their lives, as both Microsoft and McDonalds have done (and are most likely doing to someone right this second), can definitely be considered evil.

As for NVidia, they must be evil for inflicting the GeForce upon the world! =P Okay, so maybe Nike, who run sweat shops in 3rd world countries, would have been a better 3rd choice. Or perhaps Walmart, who've knowingly destroy the economies of entire US towns by their business decisions.

So maybe Gamespy don't quite fall into the same category as this lot, but mark my words - they are evil I tell you! Evi111!!!!!!!1111

NiGHTMARE said:

I'd say resorting to tactics which ruin other people's small businesses and therefore often their lives, as both Microsoft and McDonalds have done, can definitely be considered evil.

Hmm, now that you've provided examples, I can indeed see why you label them "evil", but still, that is how business is done. No matter if it's a hundred-thousand dollar a year industry or a multi-billion dollar industry, that is how the free market is.

dsm said:

Because I assumed that it was a deliberate joke, playing on the "Gamespy is here you have no chance make your time" topic heading.

Back on topic: 0h gn0! Gamespy hath decended upon us, whatever will we dooooo!? We're dooooooooooomed!

Pie is good!

/me vears off and looks at your avatar...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SUPER ANIMATED FISHIE!!!!

dude, you should have been here when we had the best avatar show.

NiGHTMARE said:

I'd say resorting to tactics which ruin other peoples' small (and sometimes not so small) businesses and therefore often their lives, as both Microsoft and McDonalds have done (and are most likely doing to someone right this second), can definitely be considered evil.

Yes because once corporations reach a certain size they shouldn't make any sort of business decision whatsoever. Works for me!

Shit happens. Deal.

As for NVidia, they must be evil for inflicting the GeForce upon the world! =P Okay, so maybe Nike, who run sweat shops in 3rd world countries, would have been a better 3rd choice.

Which most of the time isn't even under their direct control and probably not exactly Nike's fault, anyway. And if they gave what you wankers would consider equitable wages to all their employees they might as well have kept their factories in the western world and then you can complain that they're overcharging you instead. Great.

Or perhaps Walmart, who've knowingly destroy the economies of entire US towns by their business decisions.

Yeah fucking right.

Placing a Wal-Mart actually results in lowered prices to everyone, which leaves more money for most people to spend in doing other things that benefit the economy, such as going on vacations, investing, or what have you. In a strict benefit comparison, more people gain from a Wal-Mart than lose.

I would have killed to have one near where I lived for the past 4 years (ending 2002).

So maybe Gamespy don't quite fall into the same category as this lot, but mark my words - they are evil I tell you! Evi111!!!!!!!1111