• Quartz Flask
    • Mystic Urn
    • Tome of Power
    • Torch
    • Time Bomb of the Ancients
    • Morph Ovum
    • Wings of Wrath
    • Chaos Device

Tome of Power. In fact, I like it so much that I added it to Hexen (I even included the little known chicken/pig nullifying effect).

The only bad thing about the ToP is that eventually its power winds down and you're left with the normal weapon.

True.
A ToP user cannot stand up against a person wearing the RoI, using a Shadowsphere and Morph Ovum combination. Works every time for me.

I'd use the Tome of Power to cancel out the Morph Ovum, then use a Chaos Device to teleport away (maybe not in that order). Also, Firemace traps are loads of fun. If done right, you can fire powered up spheres so that they remain nearly stationary. They will stay like that long after the Tome of Power wears off, and only explode when they hit something. If someone happens to get near them, they all chase after him.

Draconio said:

Tome of Power, hands-down. None of the others even come close in terms of coolness, IMHO.

Totally agreed!!!

Tome of Power and the Morph Egg. Not in DooM (like most of the others) and good fun at times. (can even create puzzles, too)

Ichor said:

Tome of Power. In fact, I like it so much that I added it to Hexen (I even included the little known chicken/pig nullifying effect).

So we have to watch out for pig projectile turrets in part 2 of CG3, then. (as you won't be using manikins 'cos they don't exist in JHexen)

BTW, do you still get all of your health back when you use the tome (or wait 40 seconds) to turn back to human?

I hadn't really considered using Porkelator projectiles very often, if at all. There's an odd bug that I'm been trying to fix that causes all the mapspots to basically disappear (reloading the game or leaving the map and then returning resets them). For example, go to map 12 (Hypostyle) and use a Porkelator on some enemies there when the Death Wyvern is flying around. The moment one of them turns into a pig, the Death Wyvern will fly right into a wall and just stay there.

Anyway, you'll get full health just like in Heretic.

Morph ovum

I like to turn my enemies into chickens and laugh at them.

Tome of power of course.

But sometimes I play in a big empty room with just Dark servants, porkelators, and lots of discs of repulsion, and get just plain mean. You won't need weapons either. >:) Every once in a while I use the banishment devices to make them telefrag themselves.

I'm a sick and cruel little bastard. :)

Heh the Chaos Device was a pretty good idea as well. Of course it sucks to be you if, for some reason, there are enemies swarming all over the start room :P

If you ever get hit with a powered up Firemace sphere and you have at least one Chaos Device, one of them is automatically used and you lose half of your health, but you don't die, even if you're telefragged by one. I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but the Chaos Devicee might also do this if another player telefragged you.

There's something I never knew about Heretic... that would kind of piss you off though if your opponent just automatically used their chaos device when they die, though.

I once played Heretic DM with this stupid kid who thought using a tome of power with the dragon claw is "hacking." I killed him once with that weapon, and whoops, I was suddenly kicked from his room. He claimed the mace things were "green." Heh.

Heh, if anything Heretic DM is more interesting (and consequently more fun) than Doom DM, because of the artifacts involved (the weapons are basically Doom's with some dehackaged and new sprites and sounds).