Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

"Help Him He is in Hell"

I can't believe this shit. I can't believe certain people are allowed to walk the face of the earth, to exist
(note to mod: the "invitation to conversation" is at the bottom of this thread, so please don't make this a Blog. thanks!)

So I was sleeping in bed, and suddenly my sister opens the door and hands me the phone, telling me its my friend Lance, that its important. For some reason I'm awake, didn't even have to rub the sleepiness from my eyes. I put the phone up to my ear and for the first time I myself heard him crying. I asked him what happened, he just kept telling me "I'm screwed, I'm fucked. Fuck." and various variations of panicked stuttering. Finally he got around to telling me that when he woke up to go to work, his mom started spraying hairspray in his hair, when he waved her arm off, she started screaming at him, and told him she was sending him away, then left. He said he called her on her cell because he needed to get to work, and she told him he wasn't working again and once again said that she was sending him away. After that I could hear him pounding on the walls, I assume he had locked himself in the bathroom, from his brothers who are just as crazy as his mom. He went on about how he didn't deserve to live like he does, how he can't understand why this is his life. I didn't say much, as I couldn't find any words. I was shocked by this, I had never heard him, talked to him while he was in this state of mind. He continued, and I just let him, by telling me of all the crap thats happened to him in the last five years, which Is the exact amount of time I've known him. I've heard and seen it all, and it is truly sickening. He is always told by his mom, a slut and a whore, that he will never amount to anything, that he's dumb. In reality she is a psychopath, and twists and manipulates everyone for her own cause. Its mind boggling to think, that according to Lance, before she was devorced from her first husband, that she was like a real mother, and nice as could be. I told him that I somewhat understood the situation, but not entirely, as it wasn't me that was in it. This women has hit him and his brothers with high-heeled shoes, vacuum cords, hangers, and various other objects. She takes everything Lance enjoys away for little or no reason at all. Shes manipulated his entire family, convinced them that he is rebelous and nothing but trouble. And absolute lie, but guaranteeing that he has no where to turn to, because he is only 15 years of age, and cannot legally move in with someone else yet. Theres so much more that shes done to him. He is truly traumatized, as he wakes up thinking he hears her screaming, but it turns out that nothing was said. Shes in his mind, and he can't get her out. Something has to be done about this, she mentally and physically abuses Lance. But I don't know what to do...it has to come from an outside source, from outside his family. I just don't know. I cannot stand seeing and hearing him like this. Does anyone know of any possible paths to take here, anything in particular that I could check into doing, to end his misery, and bring justice atleast once in this rotten fucking world? And be serious, this isn't something to joke about.

If she's really abusing him you need to contact the authorities. I don't know quite how it works where you are but here first thing I'd do is call Childline.

It sounds like at some point she might have experienced something that has caused her to change. She might even be mentally ill, though obviously I couldn't begin to say. But I suppose it could be chronic depression. Has she been evaluated by a physician? Looks like she might use some help too.

You have to let him know you're there for him. By the sounds of it it's important for him to have one person. I guess you're already that one though as he called you. But it's also a lot for you to cope with on your own. These things need to be diluted amongst other friends/family, for your sake as much as anything. How are things with your parents, can you take your concerns to them?

Sounds like serious abuse to me. Maybe your friend can stay somewhere else for a while. Some professional help doesn't sound unnecessary to me either.

Protective services is the first thing that comes to mind. Of course, if you were to call them you should talk to your friend about that first, if that isn't what he wants then it could destroy your friendship, but then again, you have to decide which is more important. But I do agree that something should be done.

I'd say call CYS but they're just a criminal organization for all I care. Is your friend alowed to leave the house? Tell him to talk to the authorities personally.

If they aren't LAPD they should be able to help. :P

ravage said:

If they aren't LAPD they should be able to help. :P

Nice thought, but authorities everywhere are inept, ecspeccially when it comes to domestic issues. I would encourage your friend, not you personally, to contact authorities. Say a prayer, and don't get your hopes up though. The Child-abuse-line Pritch mentioned would be your best first call. In the very least, they could direct you more effectively than a bunch of people on a forum could. Have you talked to your parents about this? Usually these situations are taken more seriously if handled by an adult.

Scabbed Angel said:

Usually these situations are taken more seriously if handled by an adult.

As a minor the authorities think you are a lying shit pulling a prank or just a drama queen exaggerating the whole thing and therefore your testimoney doesn't mean jack-shit.

This may not be worth anything but the peer counsellor training I took (which many times I doubted, as hinted at in that blog of yours) instructed me to contact a school counsellor, the police, or one of the many help lines available who may have more insight as to what to do. I know where I live these options work well but I have heard some schools have corrupt counsellors and many areas have corrupt police (some say all areas).

Actually I'm not a minor, I'm 17 :P In Missouri you're "of age" at 17. He's a minor however, only 15. Thanks for the advice so far. Everyone seems to be heading towards the same conclusion, makes it a bit easier to decide upon something. And Goaxis, your word is always atleast worth something :) I'll take that into consideration when school starts next Thursday.

Tell your parents. Have them tell Lance's mom "Your kid will either live with us beacuse you're abusive, or we'll call the police" or some shit.

I went through a lot of that same shit with my own mother, and understand a lot of what he's going through. In addtition to contacting ChildLine, the Depatment of Family Services might be able to help as well...the only drawback is that the report will have more credibility if he reports it himself.

Parents like that deserve to live on bread and water in dark, wet dungeons. So, yeah, I'd go with some of these suggestions or something.

Parents like that deserve to be fed on bread and water in a dungeon..but in addition to that wonderful suggestion they should be regularly beaten by thugs wielding cricket bats covered in barbed wire whenever they utter a word, or breathe too loud, or move in the wrong way, or bleed too much..

The mother is obviously FUBARed mentally. My first suggestion would be to talk to your parents about if your on good terms with 'em. I would avoid calling DYFYS or any such people without your friend's consent, 'cause might just screw things up more. If you do decide to take it to the authorities, try to get a audio/visual recording of the mother going Postal, or have someone credible witness her.