Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deimosmoonbase

Zdaemon Wallhack/Maphack

That's very interesting stuff to say the least.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Come to think of it; This is very simple to make.

It only works on the public servers, if you play a private game on DC, a file check is done and it wont let you join unless you have the same files.

Its retarded that these people have the need to cheat.

Gherkin said:

It only works on the public servers, if you play a private game on DC, a file check is done and it wont let you join unless you have the same files.

indeed it doesn't work, which is a fine step, but as long as it works on public servers, it still sucks.

OK, so the filecheck only checks the actual FILES that are supposed to be used for the game, right? What if you were to have the maps added in a seperate file after the fact, somehow where ZDaemon doesn't report that it is being loaded, thereby allowing the person to play with their modified maps without the program knowing?

Or, couldn't you do something similar with a texture-hack of some sort that would not be susceptible to the file check?

Night-Fang said:

yeah, that screenshot looks like shockwav!

OMG ... please don't start this "i know who he is"-game

Ultraviolet said:

OK, so the filecheck only checks the actual FILES that are supposed to be used for the game, right?

yes

What if you were to have the maps added in a seperate file after the fact, somehow where ZDaemon doesn't report that it is being loaded, thereby allowing the person to play with their modified maps without the program knowing?

i don't think it's possible to load external wads in zdaemon

Or, couldn't you do something similar with a texture-hack of some sort that would not be susceptible to the file check?

that's why i think checksums of the filesize AND sidedefs should be made

deimosmoonbase said:

i don't think it's possible to load external wads in zdaemon

that's why i think checksums of the filesize AND sidedefs should be made

You can load external wads, it's just a command line parameter in zdaemon launcher settings

fodders said:

You can load external wads, it's just a command line parameter in zdaemon launcher settings

Oh, i though -file would have been kinda deactivated by raider

oww ... that's kinda crap, i mean it should prolly be deactivated then, coz hm ... better some ppl mumbling than cheaters.

or maybe something that detects the stuff in wads, that allows using different music/sound but no changed maps/scripts. *shrug* i don't even have the slightest clue about how a wad is compiled.

Gherkin said:

Come to think of it; This is very simple to make.

Its retarded that these people have the need to cheat.

well, I saw one of the cheaters on zdaemon couldn't connect on dc. So I guess it was the proteching. Thanks. :)
The person I talk about is Bazooka. The people who use it (well, made it I guess) is eligio, sayan, mario dan, funconut(I dunno the spelling). Probaly more, but those is the one I care most about, btw they are all part of abc clan.

Heh, pathetic. Cheaters must be really sad people in real life. :p

AFAIK Legacy checks wads to make sure they're the same, even if you load external wads from the console. If it doesn't find the exact same wad it tries to download it from the server.

hmmm, i seen bazooka playing and I thought he won by just camping on certain sports and unloading his ammo from there (i seen that from him a couple times) but if he too uses something simular like this, that explains some, heh.

ZDaemon (and other ports) should so checksums on all added PWAD's, when the client connected, before letting a client join a server. That way you cant join if your files are different.

Bazooka's rockets are fired 2 seconds before you reach the corner, so unless he can hear footsteps he IS using it. :P

It really sucks that there are those among us who are so pathetically lacking in skill, not to mention lacking sportsmanship that they must resort to cheating. We'll probably implement some sort of checksum comparison capability in the near future. Until that happens, my advice would be to leave any games where cheating is suspected. You would, in effect, be telling the cheater to "play with yourself".

Morons like these are a distraction to our already limited development resources. The entire community suffers because rather than moving forward with new ideas and features, we instead have to backtrack. I would encourage anyone with a server to BAN the culprits.

fodders said:

Bazooka's rockets are fired 2 seconds before you reach the corner, so unless he can hear footsteps he IS using it. :P

i talked to him in-game and he admited, he told me, he wouldn't use it anymore, since he knows about this discussion. i gonna _believe_ him, coz when spectating on him, he was using completly different tactics and not following the players lines through walls anymore.

well, I never read all the posts so I dont know if this was suggested alrdy...
ZDaemon servers need to have a consistance check to make sure the .wad files aer the size and are the same file, ive played vs this hack first hand, and its annoying.

As for Eligio, he's a newbie who cheats... nuff said

Also, it doesn't matter who the guy is who made that site, I know personally who it is, and know for a fact he does NOT cheat, so it doesn't even matter, he wish's to stay anonymous so let him, but I can 100% say this guy doesn't cheat.

DevastatioN said:

Also, it doesn't matter who the guy is who made that site, I know personally who it is, and know for a fact he does NOT cheat, so it doesn't even matter, he wish's to stay anonymous so let him, but I can 100% say this guy doesn't cheat.

do you? :P

just got this in my mailbox:
----------------------------------------
To : <stfu_n00b_666@hotmail.com>
Date : Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:58:05 +0200
YOU ARE BAZOOKA!
----------------------------------------
fun, isn't it :P

as for bazooka, i've been spectating to him maybe an hour ago and i can tell you he does NOT cheat anymore, at least not in the game i've seen. you can easily see that, coz if the player spawn on the platform in the outside area, he's unable to get the ssg up there. and obviously he always got that one. the only sorry thing is, that he's even skilled without cheats. very sad that some good players need to cheat nowadays.

good players dont cheat actually, :) all the people who I concider good dont cheat heh, and all that do cheat amazingly, suckass.

deimosmoonbase said:

he's spanish btw. :P

Yes but the disparaging term was an alteration of "obsolete spig, a Mexican, short for spiggoty", not my choice of race but his :P

DevastatioN said:

good players dont cheat actually, :) all the people who I concider good dont cheat heh, and all that do cheat amazingly, suckass.

righty right, but he's still kinda skilled.

Cheating in ZDaemon? Naaah, no chance in hell with spotless example of cheating-dissuasion and rectitude given by the developers all along, right?

By the way, don't you guys remember back when Toke made that functional Map01 wall-hack during v0.99 development, or right after it?

That was ages ago...