Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coraline

Dreamcast Conversions

Hello once again, Doomers!

I was fiddling with my Sega Dreamcast the other day and called up my Dreamcast conversion team (they port all of our Doom mods to the defunct system). They said they went defunct after lack of motivation. They apparently learned how to port EDGE games to the system with GL capabilities. They also knew Windows CE, the OS Sega chose for the system.
Well, it turns out that it is very easy to port Doom to Dreamcast (nxDoom, etc), but the resource they used was created for EDGE and Legacy. Where, if it exists, could I find this program?
And who still plays their Dreamcasts? And who wants all of our Mods (Daikatana II, Resident Evil Unleashed, Sonic Chaotix, etc.) to be ported to the system?
Also, is their anyone willing to help me port the games over to the Dreamcast? I heard it was very easy to do, but I don't have the time anymore. I am Doomed to Daikatana II!
Please help our cause! And visit our NEW website! You'll like it! I Gaurantee!

I still play Code: Veronica, the reason I got the damn thing. (Only 50 bucks! W00t!)

I don't see what the point of Dreamcast ports are, though.

their more than ports. We want to change a lot around for the Dreamcast conversion. But is anyone willing to help us?

Yea, I can help you. You need a CD burner, and your DooM wad. That's it.

Ok, it's like this. If it's only to be used under DooM2, put the wad on a cd by itself, nothing else at all, and name it "doom2.wad".

If it's for Ultimate Doom/Doom1, do the same except name your wad as "doom.wad".

It's that easy. Now, power up the DC with the DooM boot disc, then when the menu pops up switch it out with the disc with your wad on it, and select the game it's supposed to be used under.

i.e., MyWadForDoom2.wad is your wad.
fire up the Doom Boot Disc,
put your wad-disc in the GDR,
select DOOM2 in the menu.

Wot else can I help U with?

Service is my middle toe!*bing* check, please!

I wanna play Soul Calibur on mine again, but Unreal Tourney is in the drive at the moment. DArn UT bots are sometimes about as skilled as Cajunbots. But they play capture the flag. Now, I will show them.... the GREATEST NIGHTMARE!

DoomRater said:

DArn UT bots are sometimes about as skilled as Cajunbots.

haha, does that mean they suck

Cajunbots are best I've got. I mean I could add the DMW.deh to a map with respawning enimies... That would also be cool. I already tried a Deathmatch on my level I'm building with spawned enimies seeing that well... summon [insert monster here] gives me a deathmatch opponent. Too bad I can't spawn Mancubi with that...

pretty cool when combined with freeze, you run around the map summoning DM opponents and then run and hide and turn off freeze mode... and then walk into an ambush!