Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chopkinsca

HOM problem

Yeah I found out the hard way too. A while back, Deep clued me in that there is nothing wrong with the AASHITTY texture itself, it's that doom uses the first texture in the list as a place holder of some sort and the first texture is never displayed. If you add custom textures at the "top" of the texture list, the very first one won't be displayed. You either have to move them down in the texture list, or add one more "dummy" texture at the top, and I think it can even be blank (not include a patch).

AASHITTY, so I'm told, is just a placeholder. It always gives you a HOM. But it has other uses, actually; some tricks require no texture in the proper places, and using AASHITTY there won't change anything, 'cept make your editor stop complaining about a missing texture.

Yeah I found out the hard way too. A while back, Deep clued me in that there is nothing wrong with the AASHITTY texture itself, it's that doom uses the first texture in the list as a place holder of some sort and the first texture is never displayed. If you add custom textures at the "top" of the texture list, the very first one won't be displayed. You either have to move them down in the texture list, or add one more "dummy" texture at the top, and I think it can even be blank (not include a patch).

Oh, shit, that's why textures keep glitching out! Thanks very much!

I have another, unrelated, question.. in wad author, I put down things (scenery and such) but none of them show up. at first I thought it was my sprite replacement didn't work, but the original sprites don't show either...

:(

Have you checked that they're not set as multi-player only? And also that they're set to show up at the appropriate skill level?

NiGHTMARE said:

Have you checked that they're not set as multi-player only? And also that they're set to show up at the appropriate skill level?

all the boxes are checked. So that is why I am confused..
maybe I will try to place things using deepsea, just to check if there is something I am missing in WA...

KoRn said:

all the boxes are checked.

I think that's you're problem :P

If all boxes are checked it means it'll only appear in multiplayer. if you uncheck the multiplayer box it should show up in single player.

The Flange Peddler said:

I think that's you're problem :P

If all boxes are checked it means it'll only appear in multiplayer. if you uncheck the multiplayer box it should show up in single player.

yeah, that was the problem. thanks ;)
I thought the check boxes where independent of each other.. so I can't have something that appears in both SP and MP? Not that I am making a MP map...

If you check something as single player, it will appear in both single player and multi player. If you check something additionally as multiplayer, it will only show up in multiplayer.

Edit: What am I talking about. There is no 'single player' checkbox for normal doom (although I guess you're refering to the difficulty settings check boxes). Basically, check the things relating to difficulty settings - then it will appear on these difficulty settings only. If you leave the multiplayer bit unchecked it will also appear in multiplayer. If you check the multiplayer box, it will only appear in multiplayer.