Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

DN Final Boss/Help Needed

What should DN's final boss's name be?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should DN's final boss's name be?

• Fallen Templar
    • Scion of Hell
    • The Ascendant
    • The Gatekeeper
    • The Guardian
    • The Soul Reaver

I voted for The Gatekeeper. :)

'Soul Reaver' reminds me too much of that Vampiric Tombraider-esque game of the same name.

Oh yeah! Thats why that title seemed a bit familiar...

hmm... the guardian sounds so monotone cause in many games
"the guardian" seems like it could be anytype of bad guy

i like the avatar of pain it sounds like a really tough monster

To me, the guardian is a monster, usually a big one, that guards something or someone much larger and more important. In other words, 'guardians' aren't used very often as the final boss monster. I still think Apollyon is a good name for it, but since it's not on the list, I'd go with Avatar of Pain (for some variations maybe replace 'Pain' with 'Chaos', 'Despair', 'Death', or 'Quietus', or replace 'Avatar' with 'Harbinger').

He could very well be the gatekeeper, as he's the lesser power of a greater one to be introduced in the sequel ;)

Crap, its tied. One more vote people! One more vote! Between Avatar of Pain and Scion of Hell! Whichever one wins, wins it all.

The word "pain" sounds evil on it's own, so Avatar of Pain it is!

Hmmm, quite a few of those names suggest not a final boss, but someone who serves or comes before a final boss:

The avatar... OK fine, He's the Avatar, let me see what he represents, and kick his ass instead.

The Scion... Well, that's just the offspring or heir. Let me at his daddy.

The gatekeeper... OK, let me get through the gate and start gettin jiggy with the big bad on the other side. The guardian - likewise.

And the other names?

Fallen Templar - just sounds a bit weak to me.

The Ascendant - What's he ascending to? If he has a back story, then fine. Possibly the goal of defeating him could be to stop his ascendancy. Otherwise, no.

So, it's probably a bit late, but I vote "The Soul Reaver". Which sounds real nasty. Something worth my time at the end of a mod.

Goa'uld. :P

King of Pain? :P

Monas Nadir? (wait, no, taken) :P

Sevirus? Dachtlyus? The Demon King?

Ichor said:

Heh. So I'm not the only one who watches Stargate.

Yeah, and I loved the space race one a few weeks ago. Ever since I watched the Low-down I kept waiting for that one. (Carter actually has some fun)

Though it sucks that they're taking a winter hiatus on new episodes. (at least they'll make new ones) :P

Melfice said:

Ah hah! SO it is the Avatar of Pain!

Well, if you do the Avatar of Pain, you should logically have to defeat Pain next.

Incidentally, will it have new attacks and/or abilities, or will it have the same as the Mother Demon?

Its attacks/abilities:

It Flies
Resurrects Monsters
Spawns Monsters
Imobilizing Beam (like a railgun beam) from his mouth
Creates an devestating wave attack, which will kill most of his weaker minions around him, so that it doesn't become too insane.

If I can get it to be coded, he'll only beable to be damaged when he's doing certain things.

I was thinking you might not beable to do that ;)

But if we asked Kaiser for help, he may be willing, when that time comes. We're still quite aways from that.

It shouldn't be too difficult to code that. You could use the Centaur's (or maybe the Heresiarch's) reflective shield as a reference. The easiest way I can think of is to set certain frames to make the enemy invincible, and when you want him to become vulnerable again, set another frame to remove the invincibility.

Well, if you do the Avatar of Pain, you should logically have to defeat Pain next.

Not really.

The definition of avatar is:

1 : the incarnation of a Hindu deity (as Vishnu)
2 a : an incarnation in human form b : an embodiment (as of a concept or philosophy) often in a person
3 : a variant phase or version of a continuing basic entity

So to make it easy, its a physical form that represents an non-physical form. So there can't really physically be "Pain" except for an avatar of it or the feeling of pain.

Those all have "representation" in common.

Would I be out of commission on these forums if my avatar was removed? I don't think so, because before I had enough posts for a custom avatar I didn't use one at all.

Now, a man can be killed by removing his face, but that's just because he bleeds to death.