Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Mega power outage in US and Canada

I just saw something about it on CNN. Thousands on the streets of New York city. Maybe.. the Demons are coming?

Power outages suck. There's like one every week this time of the year due to thunder (damn, I hate this weather).

I hear something about a fuckup with the Niagara Power Grid. Nothing serious. People can live in the goddamn dark for a few hours. If not, then GO OUTSIDE.

Scabbed Angel said:

What is the reason for the power outages? Terrorist attack or something?

ROFL.

I just watched CNN and I saw all these people walking all over the road, in between cars. Looked like that REM video.

Disorder said:

I just watched CNN and I saw all these people walking all over the road, in between cars. Looked like that REM video.

Everybody hurts...
"Good God, I need a computer."
Everybody cries...
"Seriously, I'm missing out on my forums."
Everybody hurts...
"I hate being outside. There are bears outside."
... sometimes.

Scabbed Angel said:

What is the reason for the power outages? Terrorist attack or something?

Nah, some guy tripped and hit the off switch. :p

Apparently we here in southeast Arizona were spared. Where exactly is it that the power went off? Is there a map or something with everywhere that lost power shaded in?

well, niagra falls is usually a thouysand miles away from arizona. hm... myabee its up near new yourk and all the serounding states, provinces.

kain said:

niagra falls is usually a thouysand miles away from arizona

Usually? Where is Niagra Falls when it ISN'T a thousand miles from Arizona?

It's New York (city and state), Canada sorrounding Niagara Falls, I think Vermont to New York, Ohio, and northern Jersey.

I just saw something about it on CNN. Thousands on the streets of New York city. Maybe.. the Demons are coming?

Heh, wouldn't that be a trip?

I hear something about a fuckup with the Niagara Power Grid. Nothing serious. People can live in the goddamn dark for a few hours.

Well, the major prob is that if it lasts trhough the night, we'll almost definately have a repeat of the '77 blakcout, only all across the northeast.

• Federal official: Outage at Manhattan power plant destabilized Niagara Mohawk power grid

Basically, the whole thing was overloaded, and there may have been a fire as well.

A month ago, I was watching something about the last great New York blackout on the History Channel. It happened at the exact same location as last time. It's funny because they interviewed this guy who was an official with some power agency, and he said (paraphrased):

"I'd like to say that we have this problem fixed and it will never happen again. But really, nothing has been changed and it could happen all over again."

I wasn't surprised at all.

OMG I JUST GOT POWER!!!!

Amazingly, The Bronx was among the first places to get power back. Manhattan is still dead at this point, which means Railgunner is currently cowering under his bedsheets :P

Ah, all on the day that I released my creation, which thus far looks like it'll be named the "Scion of Hell."

Pittsburgh was spared too, fortunately. Especially cause it's way too hot here today to not have AC.

One can only wonder how many couples are engaging in ___________ in blacked-out elevators right now.

Bonus: No BBG posts for several hours!