Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Anyone hail from LA?

ROFL

I think Ling is the only one from there who is a regular here.

ShadyXMR was from Cali, but I dunno where, and he hasn't been seen in over a year.

They're filming a movie there (not that it's like an odd happening in Hollywood) with a bunch of famous people and I'm going to get they're autographs, because I'm going to be on the set, because my dad knows the director!!!!!!111111!!

Ling: Do you call what do you call hoagies(subs, grinders) and soda(pop, fizzy drinks) over there?

Linguica said:

They're called hoagies and pop, if you say anything else you'll get laughed at.

But he's probably used to that...

I already live in LA and I'm a big superstar and I have a big house and 5 cars and lots of money and lots of chicks and also a huge swimmingpool and a lot of palmtrees LOlloLlOlLoLol.

You should note that technically, LA is Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles. </usps>

Around here, its subs and soda, but pretty much everyhting is okay. Though if you say pop, grinders, heros (unless you're talking about gyros), or something weirder, you might get a funny stare.

I'm back! I met played scrabble with Dustin Hoffman, and not just met, but talked, and got know, a whole lot of other actors including Marky Mark. I was gonna go to Dustin Hoffman's house, but it never followed through. I got pictures!

And cheesesteaks. In California, they had a "Philly Steak Sandwhich" and had to described it! It description was something like "thin slices of beef on an italian roll, with cheese and other toppings!

AndrewB said:

Around here it's subs and soft drinks.

In the part of Canada that I live, we call it pop.

Oh yeah, another cool thing about California is that on Santa Monica beach, there are lots of hot chicks wearing thongs, and sunbathing topless (facing the ground however, but still very suggesting).

Cheesesteaks in center city are really overrated. The Suburb cheesesteaks are where it's at. Little Hut Hoagie Shop - Ridley Park. Best Cheesesteaks in the universe

Linguica said:

They're called hoagies and pop, if you say anything else you'll get laughed at.

wow, that's how it is in oregon and washington too, didn't realize it was the same down south.

insertwackynamehere said:

Oh yeah, another cool thing about California is that on Santa Monica beach, there are lots of hot chicks wearing thongs, and sunbathing topless (facing the ground however, but still very suggesting).

Is this weird somehow?

insertwackynamehere said:

In Philly, it's hoagies and soda. It's going to be wierd calling it pop.

In Texas it's subs and coke. I saw a poll once that showed what states call it what, and about half said "pop," half said "soda," and Texas was the only one to say "coke" even if it's not a Coca Cola. =)