Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
netnomad312

Broken screens...

I figured this is the only place out of the two or three that I go to, that may have people who can help me on this...

I got this new laptop at the beginning of June, a Thinkpad T20. No, it's not one of those new silverish ones with a little mousepad in the front (I hate those things); this is older than most "new" laptops.

Last night I went to a party and brought it to show a few of the things I'd been doing with it lately. Well, long story short, it ended up taking a slightly nasty hit from a croquet mallet head (don't ask) falling on the top (it was closed). I shrugged it off, thinking it could not have possibly done any damage at the height it fell from.

But at about 3:30 AM I opened it up thinking I'd kill some time, and there was a considerable-sized crack in the top center of the screen. It only spread a little way, but some areas it affected were all black except for a few little splotches of random colors.

So I have a broken laptop screen. I figure I'd look for another one... but the only two I found on the IBM site were around $300! I really don't want to blow all the money I kept from my summer job on this. And there's nothing cheaper (like, no replacement kits or anything).

Someone please tell me an alternative, 'cause this absolutely sucks...

Sorry but AFAIK all you can do is cough up the $300. Just the cost of owning a computer I guess :(